Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well . . . the vortech is in. These guys did a GREAT job on it. The install looks like the thing has been there forever. And . . . the sound of the Magnaflow cat-backs with the blower . . . . OMG!

They didn't have a chance to do the final tune on it, so the tuned it "safe" for the weekend . .. and .. . if this is "safe" . . I can't WAIT to feel what it's like when its tuned HOT!!!! I have to wait til they do the tune to take it to the track.

The car is now nothing short of SCARY!!!!!:grinroll:

I'll post pics on Monday.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have all the numbers on Monday when they dyno and tune . . . right now they have it tuned so I won't hurt it over the weekend . . . but they want me to put a couple hundred miles on it before they tune it.

And . . . I don;t mind at all!!:hihi:

All the numbers will be posted Monday

·
Registered
551 Posts
Niiice, Congrats :drink:
Now its just a matter of time till that starts to feel tame, LOL :strut

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep . . . I'm already thinking about the build for the new motor . . lol:drink:

·
Registered
108 Posts
So, how's it driving? You drive it to work, or is it getting the real tune? updates, updates, pics, pics!!! :)

Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got it back . . . it's a monster! I'm going to go take some pics in a few minutes.

Here are the final HP/Torque numbers at the rear wheels. These numbers are from a Mustang Dyno, which is a constant load dyno. On a Dyno Jet, these numbers would be about 30% higher:

239.04 HP and 271.05 ft/lbs. of torque running at 7 lbs. of boost.

While those numbers may sound a bit low, I assure you the car flat HAULS. I will have new 1/4 mile ET's by Saturday morning.

Off to take those pics!!:drink:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, those dyno numbers seem low. 30% would make it 310whp (239*1.3=310). Can a dyno be off 70whp from other dyno's? I'm confused. My dad dyno'd 253whp/287wtq with ported stock heads, ported explorer manifold, stock cam and all other bolt ons. The dyno he ran on was one that they say runs a little less than all the others, so they said add another 5-10whp to compensate, which would make him at 260whp/295wtq (somewhere in there).

I know dyno #'s don't mean too much, since each car and dyno is different, and that it should be used to baseline and see changes...blah blah blah. So, TRUUBLE, looks like we need to see what that bad boy can do on the track to compare with your baseline runs the other week. :) You think it will run 13's with them monster drag radials?! That'd be pretty cool.
Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep. I agree. The only number that really matters to me is how fast I can go 1320 feet! :naughty I'll have the car on the track Friday night and am hoping to break into the 13s. As for dyno numbers . . I think most are inflated.

As for the fit and finish . . . all I can say is that it looks AWESOME . . its like its always been there. Here's one more pic . . .

Attachments

·
0 Posts
I just noticed something looking at that picture, where'd they put your MAF?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The MAF is in the fender well along with the air cleaner. :winks

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As a finishing touch . . . I got the emblems . . . pic attached

Attachments

O

·
0 Posts
Wow. That is sweet :yup: I'll have pleanty of questions for you soon as I hope to SC my car next year.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, Oz. Feel free to pm me with any questions. :drink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.