Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
So I found out the details of what happened after I got rid of my car. I guess some young punk bought it and was swinging the crap out of it every second he had it. But the part that killed me just thinking about it is that he would swing donuts while having traction control on and bouncing off the rev limiter. So in a matter of three days after purchasing my car. He blew it up. Sucks to be him. It sucks to hear that my old pony went into the wrong hands. Everyone in my area knew me and my car. A few people actually approached the guy and asked him why he had the car. Now this guy has a reputation for being a total retard. Last I heard he bought a 01 SS camaro with a 150 shot of nitrous... I wonder if he will swing that on the bottle :sterb:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Its a shame, but you can't really pick who buys your car or how many other people it end ups with. Sounds like a spoiled brat with too much of his parents money.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
that really blows, I think monkey hit the nail on the head there. but you can't let it bug you too much, yo utraded money for any and all rights to that car so getting attached to it isn't a good idea, just leads you to feel bad when this kinda stuff happens.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Damn bro that really sucks. but hey if you got the money for it there really isnt anything you can do. i had a 1987 Fullsize K5 on 33 mudders and i soldit on ebay, after completely doing brand new bumpers front and rear new grill new everything, chrome step bars, chrome 15x10 american racing wheels. and the guy said i hope you didnt fix it up too much i am going ot use it for a snow plow. Sigh, my 5.7L 4x4 with 3.73s all around was going to be a rust bucket =) lol but i got paid so... anyhow ... dont expect that SS to last too much

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
This should teach everyone a lesson. Don't buy a car from me. It's a curse. Every car that I had and fixed it up, someone bought it and wrecked it in no time...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Don't worry dude, no Neon for me! J/K.. That would kinda suck though. I used to have a 93 Seville STS and sold it to a friend of mine. I really liked the car and I'm glad he has taken care of it. I can't imagine finding out my stang went to some idiot.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I kinda know how you feel. My very first car was a 1966 Mustang GT. By the time I sold it everything had been rebuilt or painted, it was tits. I told the local kid I sold it to to call me if he ever was going to sell in the future. 6 years latter I ran into his old man and he told me that the guy he sold it to buys muscle cars here cheep then ships them off to foreign lands. He told me my car is now in Australia.:happyhapp Tim Allan did a Home Improvement show about how he found his first car some 30 years later and the significance of it being the first car he owned. Maybe I'll take an Australian vacation in the future?:shrug

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
GR40Snake said:
I kinda know how you feel. My very first car was a 1966 Mustang GT. By the time I sold it everything had been rebuilt or painted, it was tits. I told the local kid I sold it to to call me if he ever was going to sell in the future. 6 years latter I ran into his old man and he told me that the guy he sold it to buys muscle cars here cheep then ships them off to foreign lands. He told me my car is now in Australia.:happyhapp Tim Allan did a Home Improvement show about how he found his first car some 30 years later and the significance of it being the first car he owned. Maybe I'll take an Australian vacation in the future?:shrug
Lord knows where my 84 El Camino is at! I miss that car... :sadcry:

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Cars are people

At their best, cars become more than machines. Mine is a pet - like a dog or cat. Selling it will involve similar emotions to getting rid of a pet - it can actually create seperation anxiety.

Is this logical? Hell no.

Is this real? Yes.

Anyone who abuses a good dog should be smacked. Hard.

Just goes to show a lot of us wish we could keep those good cars forever - though few of us can afford to.

tripleblack

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know EXACTLY how you feel. My 95gt was my baby and when i stupidly :sterb: sold it for a damn Harley the kid who got was a 21 yr old punk w/his first fast car. Of course daddy bought it for him and the story is that he was a spoiled brat and wrecked everything else he has ever had. Well, withing 2 wks he gits hit in the right front. Not his fault I was told. A month later on a wet road he wrecked it, rolled it and totaled it.

The bad thing is: Where I bought the bike his dad was the mangager of that Harley dealership. His son was dating one of the clerks and she was in the car at the time. Well, when they broke up she somehow got the pics of my baby. I bout died. He ended up selling the motor for 300 to pay the towing fees. Someone made out like a bandit. Motor had a brand new Trick Flow upper and lower and brand new MAC Long Tubes and Pro Chamber H pipe. Also had other bolt ons on the motor. Who's the dummy here,,,,Me or Him???????

·
Registered
230 Posts
My third car was a '69 Z28 (it didn't have the 302, but a 350 LT1, w/4bolt mains). The guy I sold it to tore it down to nuts and bolts, and scattered it across his garage floor to rebuild it. Then his wife burned up the title, and registration, then divorced him. Last I heard was it was still in pieces- and has been that way for 20+ years.

Bottom Line: Never sell to a guy with an angry wife! :sterb:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I polish my mustang GT every weekend. I park exactly in the farthes parking spot at school, work, at the supermarket, even at my friends house I always get the single parking spot. I always take so much care of the interior and what stinky ass friend sits there. Finally, I make sure that when I drive it I don't beat it too much or wreck it. Somehow im supposed to say that is it with my car im going to sell for that new F150 or for a new Mustang Gt after taking so much care for it. I seriously don't see how Mana4real even thought about selling his car. I need a more comfortable car for traveling a few hundred miles on the weekends in supremely shity roads. But I think that Im going to stomach it, im almost used to it. The thing that kills me is that I can't give it to my brother because he will beat the **** out of it and scratch it and park it next to that suv that will ding the **** out of it. I don't think I can sell it because I will miss the car way too much. This is the car that if I sell it I will recal it when Im 40 and really wish I still had it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I didn't have to sell it too. But sometimes you just have to. I really miss my car. My girlfriend even said the other day that she misses it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
By the time I got rid of my first car, she was old, tired and in pain. We did the only humane thing - we put 'er down (yanked the engine and tranny and sold the rest to be crushed for scrap). Who knows, she may have been 'reincarnated' by now as parts for other cars - or as a can of Pork and Beans.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.