Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
Two words, Road rage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
HornyGT said:
experienced or not, you have to put in mind that other people's lives are at risk here. Today, I wasn't racing anyone but I was going 140 km/s to catch up a stop light not to turn red, suddenly a cab driver pulls out from a traffic lane to switch to mine, I opened my eyes like "the paint job is ruined" and I didn't hit break, I took a hard turn to the right while honking and slightly breaking, I chased the taxi and pulled right in front and stopped in the middle of the road forcing him to stop too, I waved my hand like "come I wanna talk to ya", he apologized raising his hand several times, I forgave him. if I wasn't speeding, that wouldn't have happened, add to that the stupid cab driver.
I didn't say it was ok for experienced people to do it on the street...just that new drivers are inexperienced and should at least take it to the track instead of mixing it up with unpredictable traffic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Since no one else is saying it, I will...

ALL street racing is STUPID and so are the drivers who engage in it.

There's nothing 'special' in being a certain age or having more driving experience, or "knowing your limits." Gee... When you smash yourself up or kill a pedestrian or take out an uninvolved vehicle or the idiot you're racing - I guess that's the LIMIT, eh?! If ya didn't know for sure before that - you'll know after it happens.

Too many variables - residential, highway, rural, wherever.

Take it to the track, people... Give the rest of us who may not move outta yer dang way fast enough - a flippin' break.

:sterb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,191 Posts
HornyGT said:
I hope that you never become a judge LOL, coz a 100 hp car can also go 150 km/s and crash!

I just hope we learn from this and don't let our pride rule us, if you're losing, just let it go, there's always faster!
I am a judge LOL, just kidding, my point is there wouldn't be the temptation to be racing a small HP vehicle, IE, low ego emissions :kooky:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,191 Posts
HornyGT said:
experienced or not, you have to put in mind that other people's lives are at risk here. Today, I wasn't racing anyone but I was going 140 km/s to catch up a stop light not to turn red, suddenly a cab driver pulls out from a traffic lane to switch to mine, I opened my eyes like "the paint job is ruined" and I didn't hit break, I took a hard turn to the right while honking and slightly breaking, I chased the taxi and pulled right in front and stopped in the middle of the road forcing him to stop too, I waved my hand like "come I wanna talk to ya", he apologized raising his hand several times, I forgave him. if I wasn't speeding, that wouldn't have happened, add to that the stupid cab driver.
Sounds as bad as people who slow down at intersections, usually elderly, worrying that the light will turn red.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
05PONYCAR said:
Since no one else is saying it, I will...

ALL street racing is STUPID and so are the drivers who engage in it.

There's nothing 'special' in being a certain age or having more driving experience, or "knowing your limits." Gee... When you smash yourself up or kill a pedestrian or take out an uninvolved vehicle or the idiot you're racing - I guess that's the LIMIT, eh?! If ya didn't know for sure before that - you'll know after it happens.

Too many variables - residential, highway, rural, wherever.

Take it to the track, people... Give the rest of us who may not move outta yer dang way fast enough - a flippin' break.

:sterb:
Well said. Thank you. :thumbsup
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
05PONYCAR said:
Since no one else is saying it, I will...

ALL street racing is STUPID and so are the drivers who engage in it.

There's nothing 'special' in being a certain age or having more driving experience, or "knowing your limits." Gee... When you smash yourself up or kill a pedestrian or take out an uninvolved vehicle or the idiot you're racing - I guess that's the LIMIT, eh?! If ya didn't know for sure before that - you'll know after it happens.

Too many variables - residential, highway, rural, wherever.

Take it to the track, people... Give the rest of us who may not move outta yer dang way fast enough - a flippin' break.

:sterb:
..................................hmm........well....okay i'll weigh in a lil bit...personally i find nothing wrong in streetracing..but i think some folks have it confused...streetracing isnt racing down a school block at 230pm...streetracing isnt racing down the highway at 5pm...it isnt called the midnight club for nothin...my belief is that if you buy a really fast car and dont use it to go really fast thats pretty stupid...my belief is that if you arent fast enough to get out of the way if you do happen to see headlights zipping toward you late at night you are either drunk or a moron anyway...if you go on the street and arent 100% aware of whats going on around you...get off the street...fire trucks dont even slow down at red lights when they race to a fire...and as far as only going to the track...ask dale earnhardt when you get to heaven how safe the track is...cause when you push a 3000 pound object 140mph it isnt safe no matter where you do it...so all you keep it at the track guys are just as bad as the rest of us...i've seen more cars at the track fly into the audience than cars on the strip fly into the crowd.street racers arent all young...best damn racer i know is a 56 year old guy in a souped up trans am that kicks up a mushroom cloud when he arrives.i get it though...its good to be passionate...but you'll convince a buncha gear heads to quit revvin on the other guy about the same time you convince harley guys that noise pollution is bad...wanna help save lives? i said it before...all those smokers smoking around other people are doing a hell of alot more damage than us lil ol streetracers...to themselves..to others...hell theyre destroyin the damn earth...but okay fine...we agree to disagree...if you stay in the speed limit all the time...cool...if you go over it to zoom pass a car or cause youre in a rush, youre a hypocrit. guess what? the minute..the second you go above that speed limit ...youre a law breaker like the rest of us..."racin on a street"

why do all the guys from kill stories get so quiet when the streetracing debate starts...where are the men who smoke the chargers and the goats and kill the ricers...weigh in men...this is a mustang group and i know i am not the only guy who feels like i do......ooops...i forgot i'm stayin out of this one.....chuckle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
Hey, 05PonyCar,

Don't you love it when people try to dispute you point and only end up proving you were correct all along?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
I've seen enough home videos of street racers crashing into crowds and such, and the drivers who think their sheet don't stink.
You cant count for all the variables that can happen on the street.
It's your choice, your license, your car, your life, but if something goes wrong, you should pay dearly.
I'm sure the guy that crashed and died said I'm a good driver, nothing like that will ever happen.
Famous last words.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
5twenty said:
Hey, 05PonyCar,

Don't you love it when people try to dispute you point and only end up proving you were correct all along?
uh oh....i hope he doesnt mean me...cause i thought i said i was weighing in...not quite disputing...at least thats what i thought i wrote....dont ya love when people comment but have no idea what theyre commentin about
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Stoenr said:
I've seen enough home videos of street racers crashing into crowds and such, and the drivers who think their sheet don't stink.
You cant count for all the variables that can happen on the street.
It's your choice, your license, your car, your life, but if something goes wrong, you should pay dearly.
I'm sure the guy that crashed and died said I'm a good driver, nothing like that will ever happen.
Famous last words.
i agree stone...it isnt safe...but then i live in ny...walkin down the street isnt safe either...i would never say its safe bro...i'm only sayin its okay...it isnt the best but it damn sure isnt the worst bad habit to have

i've had some scary racin moments..i dont do it all the time...but sept 11,2001 proved to me i cant even plan a quiet day in the city and be safe...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
my belief is that if you arent fast enough to get out of the way if you do happen to see headlights zipping toward you late at night you are either drunk or a moron anyway
Or you are someone's son or daughter, mom or dad, etc. who just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time because somebody thinks they have complete control of their environment when they race. Road racing is stupid and selfish because it places others at the mercy of your actions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
5twenty said:
Well said. Thank you. :thumbsup
You're very welcome! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
..................................hmm........well....okay i'll weigh in a lil bit...personally i find nothing wrong in streetracing..but i think some folks have it confused...streetracing isnt racing down a school block at 230pm...streetracing isnt racing down the highway at 5pm...it isnt called the midnight club for nothin...my belief is that if you buy a really fast car and dont use it to go really fast thats pretty stupid...my belief is that if you arent fast enough to get out of the way if you do happen to see headlights zipping toward you late at night you are either drunk or a moron anyway...if you go on the street and arent 100% aware of whats going on around you...get off the street...fire trucks dont even slow down at red lights when they race to a fire...and as far as only going to the track...ask dale earnhardt when you get to heaven how safe the track is...cause when you push a 3000 pound object 140mph it isnt safe no matter where you do it...so all you keep it at the track guys are just as bad as the rest of us...i've seen more cars at the track fly into the audience than cars on the strip fly into the crowd.street racers arent all young...best damn racer i know is a 56 year old guy in a souped up trans am that kicks up a mushroom cloud when he arrives.i get it though...its good to be passionate...but you'll convince a buncha gear heads to quit revvin on the other guy about the same time you convince harley guys that noise pollution is bad...wanna help save lives? i said it before...all those smokers smoking around other people are doing a hell of alot more damage than us lil ol streetracers...to themselves..to others...hell theyre destroyin the damn earth...but okay fine...we agree to disagree...if you stay in the speed limit all the time...cool...if you go over it to zoom pass a car or cause youre in a rush, youre a hypocrit. guess what? the minute..the second you go above that speed limit ...youre a law breaker like the rest of us..."racin on a street"

why do all the guys from kill stories get so quiet when the streetracing debate starts...where are the men who smoke the chargers and the goats and kill the ricers...weigh in men...this is a mustang group and i know i am not the only guy who feels like i do......ooops...i forgot i'm stayin out of this one.....chuckle

In Vegas, the idiots who die streetracing are doing it at 1:30 a.m. and crashing into light poles and walls AND innocent motorists.

Your arguments hold NO water whatsoever. Bottomline, at the track all you have are racers and spectators who KNOW THE RISKS (or should). Stuff happens (like Mr. Earnhardt). If it happens at the track, I feel bad for the drivers. If it happens on city streets - forget 'em. They should have known better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And yes, 5twenty... It IS rather amusing, isn't it? :thumbsup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Stoenr said:
I've seen enough home videos of street racers crashing into crowds and such, and the drivers who think their sheet don't stink.
You cant count for all the variables that can happen on the street.
It's your choice, your license, your car, your life, but if something goes wrong, you should pay dearly.
I'm sure the guy that crashed and died said I'm a good driver, nothing like that will ever happen.
Famous last words.
Good post, Stoener! The attitudes I've seen range from smarta$$ (the older drivers who either blame someone else for their stupidity - or leave the scene first and THEN blame someone else) to extreme remorse (the young kids who bawl their eyes out for the cameras).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,139 Posts
05PONYCAR said:
Since no one else is saying it, I will...

ALL street racing is STUPID and so are the drivers who engage in it.

There's nothing 'special' in being a certain age or having more driving experience, or "knowing your limits." Gee... When you smash yourself up or kill a pedestrian or take out an uninvolved vehicle or the idiot you're racing - I guess that's the LIMIT, eh?! If ya didn't know for sure before that - you'll know after it happens.

Too many variables - residential, highway, rural, wherever.

Take it to the track, people... Give the rest of us who may not move outta yer dang way fast enough - a flippin' break.

:sterb:
I respect your opinion but try and remember that not everyone has access to a track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
jbstangGT said:
Or you are someone's son or daughter, mom or dad, etc. who just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time because somebody thinks they have complete control of their environment when they race. Road racing is stupid and selfish because it places others at the mercy of your actions.
Thanks jbstangGT... I knew there are a bunch of us here who feel the same way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
STONECOLD said:
I respect your opinion but try and remember that not everyone has access to a track.
Thank you, STONECOLD... And my response to track access would be... Oh well. They'll get over it. I can not condone street racing, period.

People need to think before acting and put others first. In the grand scheme, there's absolutely nothing important to prove by street racing and they're risking EVERYTHING.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
05PONYCAR said:
In Vegas, the idiots who die streetracing are doing it at 1:30 a.m. and crashing into light poles and walls AND innocent motorists.

Your arguments hold NO water whatsoever. Bottomline, at the track all you have are racers and spectators who KNOW THE RISKS (or should). Stuff happens (like Mr. Earnhardt). If it happens at the track, I feel bad for the drivers. If it happens on city streets - forget 'em. They should have known better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And yes, 5twenty... It IS rather amusing, isn't it? :thumbsup
nice...call a dying man an idiot...which innocent motorist did he crash into? or was it 2 cars racing that...as you say..."knew the risks" let me point out that walking down a street you should at least if you have any intelligence know that a car crash could occur at any time and be a lil wary...whereas at a track you have a barrier that purports to keep you safe and yet i still see videos of cars flying into the crowd...where would a wise man feel safe? with a 4ft so called barrier separating him and the cars...or a 6inch curb? heres what bothers me...FAGS WHO CALL STREETRACERS IDIOTS AND PRETEND THAT THEY BOUGHT A 300HP GT TO SLOWLY NAVIGATE THE STREETS.BECAUSE THEY PRETEND THAT THEY NEVER EVER PUNCH IT ON A STREET.THEY ALWAYS GO TO THE TRACK...DIDNT 5TWENTY BURN RUBBER OUT OF THE DEALERSHIP? GUESS HE WASNT WORRIED ABOUT SOME LIL KID RIDING HIS LIL BIKE PAST THE LOT THEN WAS HE?AND THIS GUY CALLING STREETRACERS IDIOTS...HE WANTS US TO BELIVE HE LIVES IN SINCITY,BOUGHT A MUSTANG GT AND NEVER REVVED AT A LIGHT? COME ON NOW..i love when some accident happens and a some monday morning quarterback **** decides to jump on his soapbox...next week he'll be telling us a nice kill story but for now he'll attack a man dyin in a hospital as an idiot....me...i'll have a drink for that dyin man and wish him well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,191 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
..................................hmm........well....okay i'll weigh in a lil bit...personally i find nothing wrong in streetracing..but i think some folks have it confused...streetracing isnt racing down a school block at 230pm...streetracing isnt racing down the highway at 5pm...it isnt called the midnight club for nothin...my belief is that if you buy a really fast car and dont use it to go really fast thats pretty stupid...my belief is that if you arent fast enough to get out of the way if you do happen to see headlights zipping toward you late at night you are either drunk or a moron anyway...if you go on the street and arent 100% aware of whats going on around you...get off the street...fire trucks dont even slow down at red lights when they race to a fire...and as far as only going to the track...ask dale earnhardt when you get to heaven how safe the track is...cause when you push a 3000 pound object 140mph it isnt safe no matter where you do it...so all you keep it at the track guys are just as bad as the rest of us...i've seen more cars at the track fly into the audience than cars on the strip fly into the crowd.street racers arent all young...best damn racer i know is a 56 year old guy in a souped up trans am that kicks up a mushroom cloud when he arrives.i get it though...its good to be passionate...but you'll convince a buncha gear heads to quit revvin on the other guy about the same time you convince harley guys that noise pollution is bad...wanna help save lives? i said it before...all those smokers smoking around other people are doing a hell of alot more damage than us lil ol streetracers...to themselves..to others...hell theyre destroyin the damn earth...but okay fine...we agree to disagree...if you stay in the speed limit all the time...cool...if you go over it to zoom pass a car or cause youre in a rush, youre a hypocrit. guess what? the minute..the second you go above that speed limit ...youre a law breaker like the rest of us..."racin on a street"

why do all the guys from kill stories get so quiet when the streetracing debate starts...where are the men who smoke the chargers and the goats and kill the ricers...weigh in men...this is a mustang group and i know i am not the only guy who feels like i do......ooops...i forgot i'm stayin out of this one.....chuckle
You knew you would get bombed didn't you?
First the statement about being stupid if you buy a fast car and don't go fast is stupid. I just hate underpowerd cars because it takes forever to even pass someone who is going 20 mph under the limit holding everyone up and you can't pass because of the lack of ponies, take for instance trucks passing other trucks, you know how long that takes. There are plenty of times that I have avoided accidents by having a powerful car.
You may be "breaking the law" by going a few miles over the limit, but street racing can be a felony. You wouldn't get a reckless driving ticket for going a few miles over the limit.
Geez this has been discussed before in another thread. Where's county mounty when you need him :)
 
21 - 40 of 97 Posts
Top