Ford Mustang Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts
Hey NGHTRNNR-thanks for your honesty and keeping your cool. This could have gotten out of hand. I don't race through crowded streets, but i will admit to racing off of a light. As soon as My GT is clearly ahead, and it only takes a few seconds, I slow down. I rarely get up to any high rate of speed off of the line, the car is just so quick. I do speed. I'm surrounded by highways. It's not uncommon to be alone on the road in the middle of the day. If the sun is shining and the tunes are good, I'm flying low. I'm female and 40 years old. I'm married, have a son and pretty much obey most every other law I can think of. I've always loved to drive fast. At 12, my Honda XR75 went as fast as it could go everyday in the fields and deadend street where I grew up. I guess we all need to take it to the track. I guess it wouldn't kill us. Maybe it would save us! I have a feeling those of us who race or speed will continue to do so, and those who don't will shake their heads. NGHTRNNR,please be careful out there. I enjoy your posts and opinions and I admire your honesty. You and I are not in the same league, but I do see your side. I'm going to try to do better.

I have a question. The highway in front of my subdivision is 60 MPH. If I am stopped at the light, and it turns green, and no cars are in front of me, in your opinion, can I get to 60 MPH as fast as I can? This is a well paved road (black top) with 2 lanes going N and 2 going S. No twists or turns. Can I get to 60 as fast as I can if I am the only car? What if, say, a Charger were beside me? Thoughts? I know, don't do it. NGHTRNNR,this is what I'm talking about. I guess real street racing is something different. Or is it? I'm about to start acting my age, I swear it!

street racing is bad umkay......but it is fun and the rush is awesome, but the tickets are big and the results may sometime suck......i have a short story that ended o.k. about street racing......this 911 porsche was jacking with me and my gurlfriend, i was in my then slightly modified 03' cobra , well we went at it hard and i had him covered pretty good so i was letting ,up there were 3 lanes . i was in the middle and he was on the right, i saw an unsuspecting car pull out from a side street ,dead in his lane, i hit the far left lane thinking he would follow. well he didn't , he locked it down hard and rearended the other car....the impact wasn't too bad luckily and nobody got hurt but the pride of the porsche driver and of course several thousands in damage....couldv'e been worse but ol' lady luck wuz with all.....makes you think , but then again how long do we live??? gatta have fun !!!!! and no i'm not young i am 38.....at the time 35.....

Did do my share of street traffic light quick 3-4 gear drags. Some stupid, but others were well planned and way out where there was no chance of traffic. Even had the police attend a couple matches. It's a plus to have a strip of blacktop available to do these runs when the need arises.

2006GT said:
Amen!

Now for the sake of another good old fashion "Sprited Debate", let's discuss the following topic: "Talking on your cell phone WHILE street racing".

nghtrnnr, you have the floor....

oops sorry ...i was away watching this excellent movie...i think its german...named "raw and naked"...the acting is awesome...anyway...where were we...oh....cell phone usage while streetracing...i think it sucks and guys who do that ought to be flogged:winks but i have to stop racing for a bit anyway...hell if gas keeps going up i might have to stop driving altogether...i'm already selling my 2000 stang for a front wheel drive car that can handle snow...pontiac solstice maybe

Attachments

nghtrnnr said:
oops sorry ...i was away watching this excellent movie...i think its german...named "raw and naked"...the acting is awesome...anyway...where were we...oh....cell phone usage while streetracing...i think it sucks and guys who do that ought to be flogged:winks but i have to stop racing for a bit anyway...hell if gas keeps going up i might have to stop driving altogether...i'm already selling my 2000 stang for a front wheel drive car that can handle snow...pontiac solstice maybe
With the genre that "Raw and Naked" sounds like it falls in… I'm sure the acting was superb! :)

Solstice? That's rear wheel drive. Get what I have for bad weather and a DD.. A Gen1 Lightning. Great gas mileage (as long as the engine is off). Front wheel drive (as long as you drive it in reverse). Can comfortably seat 12-15 of your friends family (as long as they don't mind sitting in the bed). And it hauls a$$ (thank to many mods, this is true.).

I take it to the track too... :winks

Attachments

2006GT said:
With the genre that "Raw and Naked" sounds like it falls in… I'm sure the acting was superb! :)
I wonder did it have/need subtitles?

it was dubbed....drat...i thought that solstice was fwd....i really like that car but i guess i cant have 2 rwd again...i like that truck

I have been pulled over for "Rapid acceleration." No rubber, no drifting, just a quick pull in 2nd.... he let me go with a warning though...

PLEASE use care if you get into a street race! Please think of what CAN HAPPEN, what is in front, road, road conditions, traffic, etc. Is the other guy sober (are you?)? As some have mentioned before here; often a quick pull to show you're DA MAN will suffice! Don't go all out and see how many car lenghts you can get, in my book one car lenght, even less sometimes, is the winner! If you then wanna blow my mirrors off and be a DOUBLE LOSER go for it and I'll laugh at you!!

kj_cinci said:

I have been pulled over for "Rapid acceleration." No rubber, no drifting, just a quick pull in 2nd.... he let me go with a warning though...
I got a lights & siren "chirp" from a motorcycle cop one morning on my way to work. It was still dark out and I'd just turned left and was stuck behind some doofus doing 20 in a 45. I gunned it to get around 'em and BOOM, the cop was on my butt immediately. I had no idea where he'd come from! I pulled to the right lane and slowed down, but he just went around me. Yep... I felt VERY lucky. :kooky:

Rapid Acceleration is called exhibition of speed. Its a pretty big ticket in some states

Hey SinCity!

I'm heading out to the Oasis Hand Car Wash (Flamingo at Pecos/McLeod) in a little while... Probably hit the vacuums at about 9 a.m.

If I see you there, I'll wave. :winks

IDK how it is anywhere else, but here in Florida theres mad street racing on Saturday and Sunday nights around midnight on Gandy Bridge and another bridge, people are lined up all along the road with their cars parked everywhere, and sportbikes flyin by etc etc.. its no wonder the law was passed that if you're caught street racing, go straight to jail, lose your car, and get fined a HEFTY amount..

the family and i just got back from florida a few weeks ago. disney world and cocoa beach. i tell you what, orange county sheriffs dept must be friggin huge. i swear we saw 20 units + the FHP on the way down the turnpike and the highways to cape canavaral. cops everywhere on that pike, and they were all pressing hard. i also took notice that the florida turnpike is about the smoothest road i have ever driven on. but i sooned learned why, as there is a toll booth every 2 friggin miles!! it was also VERY hard to drive 55 on that pike when i am used to OK's 75 mph pikes and 70 mph interstates... florida was nice though, will go back sometime... definately no tolerance for traffic infractions!!!

Pretty messed up

"It shows that government at higher levels is taking this seriously."
In February, a 23-year-old Edmonton man died in a similar incident when he lost control of his car during a race on Yellowhead Trail.

First off the goverment doesnt take anything seriously! Secondly the 23 year old man was my older brother Scott Chouinard and he was in a car accident but it was not proven to be a race! Actually the police say it was someone who pushed his car off the road! Im not saying my brother never raced cars but still.... and to the person who said u just wouldnt lose control off your car you know what sometime **** happens! Drinking and driving racing whatever is dumb and the legal limit to dirve should be 19 your not aloud to drink or smoke until your 19 so why should you be able to operate a viechle. people are dumb and they need to take driving more seriously and then maybe there wouldnt be so many deaths on the road!:mad:

Saw this posted on another forum....can't verify validity ;

"Since you guys brought it up. We had the Rev-It-Up event here last weekend. They were charging $10 for a hot lap in a Z06 Corvette. On one lap, the cars brakes faded away. The pro driver (with a paying spectator) crashed at an obscene speed. The car went completely sideways, crashed into a cub, a fire hydrant (which landed over 100 ft away), a pole, and a tree before exploding into flames. Luckily there were only minor injuries (don't ask me how).

The event is - http://www.revitupracing.com"

Attachments

81 - 97 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.