Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are all cars someday going to be hybrid cause of gas prices:sosad:
If so how would you be able to modify the engine, its going to wipe out the entire tuner market. What would u do buy a bigger battery, jeez hopefully ford dosnt make a hybrid mustang, that would be the dumbest thing ever (almost as bad as driving a pony auto..lol) Whats your $.02

·
Registered
25 Posts
In The Year Two Thousaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!!!!

In the future, WHo says you cant buy a larger mAh battery, or a higher Amp output battery, or an electronic cooling system for the /engine, or extra light weight tires,wheels, seats, or large caps with a high amp rating... OR a stepdown Voltage converter w/ dual high RPM, low voltage DC motors with internal solid state cooling system and a racing stripe... :tongue Im sure there will exist aftermarket products no matter what the technolgy.

·
Registered
357 Posts
There would be a battery tuner market...."add 100,000 volts with the new ProCHARGER battery superCHARGER"...I can't see myself ever giving up the gasoline engine.:sosad:

There will also be a "exhaust tuner" market for electric cars. I know what you are thinking...they don't have exhaust dummy. But that is where Alpine, Clarion, etc. will step in and mount speakers to the back of the car and you can have the sweet sound "just like in the old days." The imports will still have a setting for "fart can" sound!:sterb:

·
Registered
816 Posts
heywup1231 said:
Is it just me or are all cars someday going to be hybrid cause of gas prices:sosad:
If so how would you be able to modify the engine, its going to wipe out the entire tuner market. What would u do buy a bigger battery, jeez hopefully ford dosnt make a hybrid mustang, that would be the dumbest thing ever (almost as bad as driving a pony auto..lol) Whats your $.02
Put your 5-speed where the sun don't shine! :mad:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ford already has an electric mustang prototype!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Do you really think the multibillion dollar profit oil companies are going to die off anytime soon? Kanno is correct about the savings (or lack of) on they hybrids. Did you know that the batteries in those cars are warranted for about 100k miles and they cost about 10k to replace?

Saying that, :eek:fftopic I sure would like to know what the oil companies are pulling, give me a break, they continue to build gas stations and rack up billions in profit and say the price is due to shortages? Worries in the market? my Tush, if I worried as much as the market does, I would have killed myself years ago.

·
Registered
383 Posts
They'll make just enough of them to keep the tree huggers happy.:jester:
You may want to check on the SUV version too........ya Howard Hughes?....hello?.....your Hybrid SUV just came in.....that'll be 75k:yakyak: ....but gets ya 50mpg!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Most of the "Greenhouse" gases and pollutants come from Factories and Power PLants using Natural gas and coal... once they tackle those factors then Ill consider changing my car usage habits.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I would like to know what factories or internal combustion engines were around that caused the end of the ice age :heha: :heha: :heha: :heha:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not to worry,

Hopping up an electric motor is easier that hopping up a gas engine. Basically, all you need to do is add voltage. I suspect that the true techno nerds will have a field day with hi-buys a few years.

Keep in mind that electric = instant torque....

G

·
Kanno said:
Those hybrid things are a scam. It'll take 5 yrs or more for one to pay off in fuel savings.
That's on the optimistic side of things. Range I've read to recoupe the premimum you pay on a hybrid right now is 5-11 years. They can have my V-8 gasoline engine when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers. Until then, all they get is a bird. =)

·
Registered
135 Posts
When gas prices go to $5/gal then $10/gal you'll be singing a different tune about the hybrids. The amount of time required to make a hybrid "pay off" gets shorter every cent gas prices rise and every day more are made. Hybrid, fuel cells, cold fusion, bio fuel are the future. Gas is the past. Horses, steam, internal combustion, the next greatest thing. There will always be a tuner market as long as people arent statisfied with stock. Buy a bigger battery, better motor, better cables, better fuel cell, lighter components, etc etc. Enjoy your gas sucking beast while you can, I certainly am.
:eyebulge:

G

·
Kanno said:
Those hybrid things are a scam. It'll take 5 yrs or more for one to pay off in fuel savings.
Yep, the actual solution to gasoline shortage is the hydrogen powered car. The hybrid was just an easy compromise for the tree huggers, no offense to anyone, while they developed the technology. And not to worry because hydrogen uses the same engine design as gasoline and Mercedes already has a 350 hp hydrogen engine.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yeah, but there are some definite problems with hydrogen that they need to work out before it will actually become a viable alternative. The biggest one is storage. Storing enough of the stuff to go any real distance isn't easy in a regular sized car. Also, producing hydrogen requires a lot of energy, which comes from fossil fuels.

I do think hydrogen is in our future, but I think there are some definite issues that need to be resolved first.

·
Registered
75 Posts
TheStangRookie said:
Most of the "Greenhouse" gases and pollutants come from Factories and Power PLants using Natural gas and coal... once they tackle those factors then Ill consider changing my car usage habits.
One volcano blast produces more "green house gasses" than we will in 2000 years... DON T kid yourself... We contribute a small percentile...

in the 70s it was global freezing, now its global warming... BS

its fear used to control the masses, just like in olden times it was the water god is mad so he gave us a hurricane or the sun god is mad so it was hot or the rain god was mad so no rain... Modern version of mind control...

Gas goes to 4,5,6 bucks a gallon, what, not drive? what ever....

G

·
Packoo said:
One volcano blast produces more "green house gasses" than we will in 2000 years... DON T kid yourself... We contribute a small percentile...

its fear used to control the masses, just like in olden times it was the water god is mad so he gave us a hurricane or the sun god is mad so it was hot or the rain god was mad so no rain... Modern version of mind control...

Amen. And to the problems with hydrogen, yeah they still have alot of kinks to work out, I think the Mercedes hydrogen car that I saw was slated for production in like 2018 or something like that, but the point was hybrids are not here to stay.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Dont kid myself? Never said "greenhouse" gases caused anything significant to our enviroment... just said factories and power plants produce much more than automobiles, and if they really want to curve human output of those gases, they would start at those factors, not at autos. Im aware of the BS thats out there like the "Kyoto Treaty" and that book written by that certain person who invented the internet. I just disagree that they put the responsibility(blame) on cars (and owners) when there are bigger fish to fry (assuming its necessary to fry fish).

Also if "they" were truly concerned with petroleum consumption, there would be a larger push towards Turbo-Deisel-Electric hybrid motors.

Packoo said:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts