Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the hardest time in the world locating the JBA H-pipe for a 2007 v6. I'm looking for one (o/r or not...doesn't matter in florida) that will connect to my factory headers, and that i can put some american thunder axle backs on.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
have you ever tried just taking off your muffler? im doing that now and loving it, it might not sound the best at a cold start so if you do it make sure to drive around alittle

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. I would prolly ge bored. Besides I like the look of duals.

I'm just getting more confused about it all thought.
I think all I need is a H-Pipe, an dan axleback kit. Am I right?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Haha. I would prolly ge bored. Besides I like the look of duals.

I'm just getting more confused about it all thought.
I think all I need is a H-Pipe, an dan axleback kit. Am I right?
You'll also need a drivers side overaxle pipe.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
im prolly gonna have the look of duals but jus run without the muffler connected, my current axleback looks like its on but the pipes arent actually connected

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So...correct me if I am wrong but I think I've got it

I can use JBA Stainless Steel H Pipe and Midpipes - 05 + V6 & any axle back system and I'll be good?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts

I can use JBA Stainless Steel H Pipe and Midpipes - 05 + V6 & any axle back system and I'll be good?
You're confusing your pipes. The H is the midpipe. You need that plus one overaxle pipe for the drivers side to connect that side of the H to the axleback.

·
Registered
889 Posts

Yes, you'll be good. If you look at the pic on the v6mustangstuff page, everything you need is there except the mufflers themselves. One thing you will need to do during install is cut the Y pipe in two places to to get rid of the Y and hook up the H in it's place. The rest is easy. You can either take the vehicle to a muffler shop to have them torch the Y off or you can use a reciprocating saw to cut it off or even unbolt the Y from the cats and use a hacksaw on it.

The JBA kit runs from the Y pipe cuts all the way back over the axle to where you stuff on the mufflers.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Yes, you'll be good. If you look at the pic on the v6mustangstuff page, everything you need is there except the mufflers themselves. One thing you will need to do during install is cut the Y pipe in two places to to get rid of the Y and hook up the H in it's place. The rest is easy. You can either take the vehicle to a muffler shop to have them torch the Y off or you can use a reciprocating saw to cut it off or even unbolt the Y from the cats and use a hacksaw on it.

The JBA kit runs from the Y pipe cuts all the way back over the axle to where you stuff on the mufflers.
So the kit comes with both overaxle pipes too?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like it =] It's actually made for v6 conversions, just minust he axel backs. =]

·
Registered
110 Posts
According to the info it even comes with stainless muffler hangers.
I had the JBA H-pipe kit installed a few days ago along with dual GTA axle back mufflers. It sounds terrific! The kit was installed by my local muffler shop. The only problem they had was the clamp that JBA supplied to connect both sides of the "H" portion of the pipes leaked quite a bit after the install and nothing they did fixed the problem. When I saw this I went ahead and told them to weld all the joints including the "H". I know I won't have any problems with leaks now :shiny:
The kit does include the hangers for both sides of the exhaust piping and also the hangers for both of the axle backs. I wish I would have know that...I wouldn't have ordered a second set of hangers. Oh well...guess I will have a set of new hangers for sell soon!!
Good luck with the install Stars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.