Ford Mustang Forum banner

The Macs are on

1421 Views 15 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  GTRonn
Just installed it this weekend.
Picked it up from Brenspeed on Friday and installed the next day. They were preping a drag car equiped with the same muffler. They were nice enough to show and rev it up for me. It was loud though with the thumper cams and off road mid pipe.

Just want to share the sound clips I took without mufflers and with the Mac. Quite happy with the sound quality, although I expected a little bit more volume.

Anybody wants a pair of used Bassani Streets? It's on eBay.

Thanks Brenspeed! And thanks for everybody that shared their thoughts, opinions, and sound clips that helped me decide!

One thing I have to do though is to take it to a local muffler shop. I could not align that thing to save my life. I know I have to mess with the mid pipe, but the lowered stance means I need a low profile jack, which I don't have. Oh well, no biggie!

Enjoy the short video...

YouTube - Mac Catback Exhaust Muffler on an 07 Mustang GT
See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G
I got my MACs from Brenspeed as well and I've never looked back!

I love the sound and get compliments all the time. They'll break in a bit and get a tad louder. I just love the "ruddy" sound and the grumble that's present even when you're not at WOT.

If I ever get an off-road H I think they'll sound downright dangerous.:bigthumbsup

I'm obviously biased but nice choice!
See less See more
I got my MACs from Brenspeed as well and I've never looked back!

I love the sound and get compliments all the time. They'll break in a bit and get a tad louder. I just love the "ruddy" sound and the grumble that's present even when you're not at WOT.

If I ever get an off-road H I think they'll sound downright dangerous.:bigthumbsup

I'm obviously biased but nice choice!
+1000
That's what I like about em. And yes, the mod bug is already talking to me saying, "Just imagine how that would sound with Mac's long tube headers and Mac's pro-chamber mid pipe?" :gringreen
See less See more
I just got my Mac Boom Tubes from Brenspeed this past weekend. Unfortunlately I don't have sound at the moment but I'll have to listen once I get home.
Which set of Macs did you get?
I just got my Mac Boom Tubes from Brenspeed this past weekend. Unfortunlately I don't have sound at the moment but I'll have to listen once I get home.
Which set of Macs did you get?
I got the chambered axleback exhaust, not the Boom Tubes. Snackmaster, do you have the same or do you have the Boom Tubes?
See less See more
G
I got the chambered axleback exhaust, not the Boom Tubes. Snackmaster, do you have the same or do you have the Boom Tubes?

I got the chambered axlebacks like you. I actually bought them 2 months before I had the car. They sat in my office at work along with the CDC stuff and the BMR suspension stuff while the car was being built. Everyone made fun of me at work for having goodies for a car I didn't have yet but it made sense to me.
:gringreen

I'd love to go with full exhaust someday but honestly, the MACs alone have a sweet muscle tone to them that I don't hear on a lot of other axlebacks.
See less See more
Everyone at work made fun of me for having goodies for a car I didn't have yet.
Everyone at work kidded me about having a car cover already waiting for the GT500 when it was on order. They said I wouldn't need a cover when the car arrived, since I'd be too busy driving it to even need to cover it. We know how that turned out.
See less See more
G
Everyone at work kidded me about having a car cover already waiting for the GT500 when it was on order. They said I wouldn't need a cover when the car arrived, since I'd be too busy driving it to even need to cover it. We know how that turned out.

LOL... you sure showed them!

Own up though Gary... just admit that every once in a while you sit in the driver's seat and make engine puttering noises with your mouth.

:hihi:
See less See more
Gary, just admit that every once in a while you sit in the driver's seat and make engine puttering noises with your mouth.
Don't have to. I do run the engines in all three every couple weeks for at least half an hour (to fully warm up the engines and circulate the fluids to prevent the seals from drying out and the valve springs from staying compressed in one position). Just did that Sunday (two days ago). After 20 minutes or so, I briefly rev the engine up to 2000, then 3000, then 4000, then 5000 rpms as part of the warm-up process. You should hear the warning bell that goes off when you rev the engine over 3,000 rpms with the parking brake engaged! The car's computer must figure you're about to pop the clutch at that rpm and you've forgotten to release the parking brake.
See less See more
LOL... you sure showed them!

Own up though Gary... just admit that every once in a while you sit in the driver's seat and make engine puttering noises with your mouth.

:hihi:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my God dude, you literally made me CRACK UP! AHAHAHAHAHAHHA :laugh:
See less See more
G
Niceeee! :gringreen Congratulations!! MAC made such an impression on me with the booms, I am trying to find out what they have for the 93... yeah babbbbbyyy!

Enjoy - they'll sound even better after a few months!! :bigthumbsup
They sound good. :bigthumbsup I wanted to start my 'Stang up when I had the mufflers off to put the Boom Tubes on but I was in a pinch for time so I didn't.
If you are going to be down around Bloomington sometime this summer let me know beforehand and we will have to meet up and hear the difference in chambered vs boom tubes.
See less See more
MAC made such an impression on me with the booms
And then you talked me into buying them! :bigthumbsup
I think my sound when I get the car in a couple weeks is gonna go in this order

Boom Tubes
Pro Chamber
Mutha Thumpr Cams
LTs

:)
See less See more
I got them as well on my vert.....Load as hell. Inside especially

i had to dynomat my whole floor, it made a lot of difference..
Update: Mufflers are now properly aligned. All they had to do is loosen the clamp that connects the axleback pipe to the mid pipe and use a huge pipe wrench to turn it. The right muffler was still too high so the guy simply pulled it down with his own weight while it's still warm, then tada!!! It's all good now. They said to watch it just in case it gets misaligned again, then they'll fix it again for free.

Just want to share the experience in case anybody might encounter the same problems.

Oh and if you can't squeeze a pencil between the tailpipes and the bumper, DON'T DRIVE IT!!! You will burn your bumper like I did (just a little bit). Good thing you have to bend over real low to see it.

Cost: $25
Time: less than 30 min

Thanks Fair Muffler shop!
See less See more
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.