Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a brochure at the parts department called "Smoke 'em" yesterday. Has updated performance packs. It has the Bullitt Intake listed now, M-9603-GTB. List price is $699 with a tuner...

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
thats amazing. i know what is now at the top of "mods i want" list. I have wanted that intake ever since i saw the new bullitt because it looks great and won't void my warranty :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonder what the cost is without the tuner?
Doesn't seem to be listed separately, it is on fordracingparts.com now, but no pic. In the brochure it shows the tube, intake, filter and all. I am between this and the Western Motorsports intake 90mm version with tuner, though I do have an extended warranty and the Ford would make more sense in that respect. WMS is cool...:D

I wonder if either can be run on regular unleaded...

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,531 Posts
Doesn't seem to be listed separately, it is on fordracingparts.com now, but no pic. In the brochure it shows the tube, intake, filter and all. I am between this and the Western Motorsports intake 90mm version with tuner, though I do have an extended warranty and the Ford would make more sense in that respect. WMS is cool...:D

I wonder if either can be run on regular unleaded...
The WMS is not the best performing CAI out there.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Anyone know the size of the MAF on the Bullitt intake?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I really do not like the way the buillit looks I like the smooth clean look of JLT and Tunable Inductions the best.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thats amazing. i know what is now at the top of "mods i want" list. I have wanted that intake ever since i saw the new bullitt because it looks great and won't void my warranty :)
First off I would go with the standard FRPP CAI before the Bullitt intake, it makes more power and flows better.

Second, the tried and true JLT, C&L, and Steeda intakes with a tune from Brenspeed, Bama, or another reputable tuner will get you more power and will not automatically void your warranty. The defining clause is that it has to be proven that the mod was at fault for any claimed problem for it to void the Warranty.

Last Ford only claims The entire Bullitt package (Intake, Tune, exhaust, etc) for an additional 15 hp most of the above mentioned CAIs and tunes alone will better that mark with some approaching 25+ hp gain at the wheels.

Just my .02 cents and a little food for thought.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I will have the check out the new Bullitt intake as that price including the tuner seems hard to beat.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well if you buy a separate tune sure and not use the Ford tune. But the setup as is, not as good. killermach1 said it above.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
I am not a "performance" oriented guy when it comes to my mods. i like them to look cool. My car goes too fast to drive legally as it is, so what is the point in making it faster? answer, there is non. So i like to make my car "feel" better and look better rather than make it have an extra 10 HP.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Doug at Bamachips did a full test on his dyno with the new intake. He got around 15 hp. I also think that Cleveparts.com can get you the individual pieces. I would like to get the heat shield that gets air from the front of the hood if it can be modified for my JLT. Hoping that Doug or those like him will have information with mods for this. Gary A

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,531 Posts
Doug at Bamachips did a full test on his dyno with the new intake. He got around 15 hp. I also think that Cleveparts.com can get you the individual pieces. I would like to get the heat shield that gets air from the front of the hood if it can be modified for my JLT. Hoping that Doug or those like him will have information with mods for this. Gary A
Hmmm. 15 hp with a tune isn't that great. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
The Bullitt intake really looks nice, but it sue is pricey! I guess any Ford OEM part is going to cost more than aftermarket.:scratchchin

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.