Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
The Bullitt intake really looks nice, but it sue is pricey! I guess any Ford OEM part is going to cost more than aftermarket.:scratchchin
ford parts are always more costly than aftermarket parts but i like to look at it this way, it doesn't void my warranty and that in itself makes up the difference in cost of the unit.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Good Lord.....how many times do I or someone else have to post this ???

I repeat....look up the warranty law.....Installing after market parts DOES NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY. The warranty is only voided if it is PROVEN that the part or the installation of the part was the direct cause of the other failure. In other words, if you install a CAI and you have a problem with your engine that was not caused by the install and the intake then BY LAW Ford must provide warranty service.

I have talked to Ford directly about this and also to my insurance company (because I have mechanical breakdown insurance as part of my policy, it's like having an extended warranty).

Ok....glad I got that off my chest again....lol

·
Registered
765 Posts
I was suprised by the low number that Doug got on his dyno. I will try and find the post. It also has graphs of the dyno run. The heat shield is the best looking in the industry and looks like it seals from the hood down, Gets air from a scoop in the front and top of the grill. GA

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
I was suprised by the low number that Doug got on his dyno. I will try and find the post. It also has graphs of the dyno run. The heat shield is the best looking in the industry and looks like it seals from the hood down, Gets air from a scoop in the front and top of the grill. GA
I agree the heat shield is worth looking into if it's JLT friendly.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
12,631 Posts

I repeat....look up the warranty law.....Installing after market parts DOES NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY. The warranty is only voided if it is PROVEN that the part or the installation of the part was the direct cause of the other failure. In other words, if you install a CAI and you have a problem with your engine that was not caused by the install and the intake then BY LAW Ford must provide warranty service.

I have talked to Ford directly about this and also to my insurance company (because I have mechanical breakdown insurance as part of my policy, it's like having an extended warranty).

sorry if what i said bugged you fuzzy. what i was basically trying to say is that i won't have to deal with any hassle. I know that by law they have to prove that the part caused the problem, but if they claim that it did? then i would have to take it to another dealer and try and get them to warranty to work. i don't know a lot about cars and most of them can see that pretty clearly. what i am saying is that i don't have to worry about even the slightest potential that someone is trying to screw me over. Or heck, the dealer i could bring my car to could just be a total jerk-off and refuse to work on my car or something. i dunno. but this whole thing could be avoid by having a ford part. but i do understand what you are saying and i know it.

but even so, i like the housing that the intake is in. I DD my car and would worry about any type of water, or junk getting into my filter. Just like Doug said when he was dyno'ing the GT, the Bullitt's housing is the best looking one on the market and totally encloses the filter. Like i said, i like paying a little more for peace of mind. So now that there is no warranty issue involved with my decision, i still stand by the Bullitt's CAI just for the sole fact of the housing that its in.

again, sorry i sounded dumb before:nogrinner

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
Actually, they claim an approx. 20 HP gain. $669.00

Ford Racing Performance Parts [M-9603-GTB***]
I have a question, it says on there that its "premium fuel only", is this for certain? i know its a new product and no one knows a ton of info on it. But i really would prefer to stick to regular gas, because i know if i go with premium, something is going to happen like i could imagine my dad taking my car, taking it to fill the tank, and accidently putting regular in there even though i told him its premium only.....

but then again...... i could get the Saleen Instrument cluster that says "Premium Only" on it. A good excuse for a sweet mod. decisions, decisions....:scratchchin

·
Registered
333 Posts
Why not just buy the JLT heat shield kit for $25?

JLT kit :bigthumbsup

But I too would like to find a cold air kit that works with my hood. I have the California Dream hood. Seems kinda stupid to put a cold air kit that takes air from behind the headlight when I have two big scoops on the hood. That WMS is high priced to me.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
sorry if what i said bugged you fuzzy. what i was basically trying to say is that i won't have to deal with any hassle. I know that by law they have to prove that the part caused the problem, but if they claim that it did? then i would have to take it to another dealer and try and get them to warranty to work. i don't know a lot about cars and most of them can see that pretty clearly. what i am saying is that i don't have to worry about even the slightest potential that someone is trying to screw me over. Or heck, the dealer i could bring my car to could just be a total jerk-off and refuse to work on my car or something. i dunno. but this whole thing could be avoid by having a ford part. but i do understand what you are saying and i know it.

but even so, i like the housing that the intake is in. I DD my car and would worry about any type of water, or junk getting into my filter. Just like Doug said when he was dyno'ing the GT, the Bullitt's housing is the best looking one on the market and totally encloses the filter. Like i said, i like paying a little more for peace of mind. So now that there is no warranty issue involved with my decision, i still stand by the Bullitt's CAI just for the sole fact of the housing that its in.

again, sorry i sounded dumb before:nogrinner
hotshot....I wasn't speaking about you specifically :) But do you know that if the dealership really wanted to they could refuse warranty work on your car if they believe the car was driven too harshly and was abused and that caused the problem ? Of course I don't know how they could ever prove such a thing but they could claim that and make getting a warranty repair a major hassle.

·
Registered
13,009 Posts
I have a question, it says on there that its "premium fuel only", is this for certain? i know its a new product and no one knows a ton of info on it. But i really would prefer to stick to regular gas, because i know if i go with premium, something is going to happen like i could imagine my dad taking my car, taking it to fill the tank, and accidently putting regular in there even though i told him its premium only.....

but then again...... i could get the Saleen Instrument cluster that says "Premium Only" on it. A good excuse for a sweet mod. decisions, decisions....:scratchchin
It sounds like you only get 1 tune with it being premium. It would be a bad thing to run regular. When you see all of the CAI claims, they base it on premium. You are not going to get a 20+ HP boost with regular.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Why not just buy the JLT heat shield kit for $25?

JLT kit :bigthumbsup

But I too would like to find a cold air kit that works with my hood. I have the California Dream hood. Seems kinda stupid to put a cold air kit that takes air from behind the headlight when I have two big scoops on the hood. That WMS is high priced to me.
That's the stock shield that comes with the JLT II. I already have one of those.

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
i think that if you can you would be able to from bamachips. there was that thread floating around with doug testing the bullitt intake so i'd assume he would be the guy offering it. If you buy it from ford though, i think you will have to buy the package.

Personally i'd like a bullitt intake and a SCT3 tuner.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The only problem is the dyno test results on the Bullitt intake weren't that great.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Personally I think the Bullitt intake looks lame with its stock looking intake tube and tiny blue filter.

What really looks cool is a JLT or black Tunable Inductions intake with a black plenum cover from Midwest Auto Gear. THAT is the way to go if you want to dress up under the hood.

It'll make more power, look way cooler and get 5 more CPM (Chicks per mile) than a lame assed blue filter on a stock intake tube. :bigthumbsup

I guess the shroud does look kind of cool though. :scratchchin

·
Registered
12 Posts
By law, Ford must provide warranty service but there is no law that forces any dealer to provide you that service. Not all dealers will work on vehicles with aftermarket parts on them regardless if you can prove they are legal or not.

As far as the Bullitt CAI goes, one advantage it has over other aftermarket CAI's is that it's CARB legal. For those of us who live in CA, this is a must unless you want to switch back to stock everytime you get your smog check or pay upwards of $250 to get an illegal smog.

It seems that Moss Mustang has two different Bullitt CAI's. IMO the second one looks better.

Moss Mustang Store - Parts and Accessories for your Ford Mustang

Moss Mustang Store - Parts and Accessories for your Ford Mustang

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think the Bullitt intake looks pretty sweet with the heat shield. Looks more like it belongs there.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.