Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we all know what the New Camaro got. But my question is it gonna kill all the new and old Mustangs?? I love the little 4.6l DOHC but will it be enough to over come the Camaro?

·
Registered
133 Posts
actually i was reading the latest issue of Motortrend and they compared the camaro mustang ad challenger and despite the huge advantage in horsepower in the camaro and challenger the mustang accelerated faster than the challenger and didnt fall too far behind camaro.that same mustang is only at about 315hp. i think a modded 4.6 can still hang.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
actually i was reading the latest issue of Motortrend and they compared the camaro mustang ad challenger and despite the huge advantage in horsepower in the camaro and challenger the mustang accelerated faster than the challenger and didnt fall too far behind camaro.that same mustang is only at about 315hp. i think a modded 4.6 can still hang.
Sweet, so 9# of boost will even things out... :happyhapp

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Well, 13.0 in the 1/4 mile is no joke, that's gonna outrun most stock cars. I saw one friday night, but the guy wouldn't get on it. I like them, but I'm perfectly happy with my Mustang, and it'll probably be a while before any performance parts are available. Besides, for the cost, get a kenne bell and go by so fast you suck the paint off them.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
the camaro tops us

chevy did their engines right

TQ!

i mena a stang can be built but lets face it

stock stangs..... are over rated unless its a special GT 500 or something

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 6.2L is a mean powerplant. I think ford should have done more with the 4.6l DOHC instead they just made a single cam 3v. Im happy to see they made a New 5.0 thats gonna rock the Camaro but being a Owner of a Mach1 with a 4.6l im gonna love it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.