Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Let me introduce myself… (and whine a bit…)

I’m KJ and many of you already know me from on here. I’m your new moderator specifically assigned the S197 Forum.

If you have any questions, complaints or suggestions please feel free to PM me!

I had not really acquainted myself with the ‘rules’ or the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) before starting to ‘study’ for this ‘job’, there is quite a few good points in there, I promise! Have a look at: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/aus.php or in the Tools drop down menu on top to the right here…

What I have been specifically told to keep and eye on, and sometimes warn people about that I can remember now are:

- Ads, anything for sale or wanted will be deleted with a 2 point warning at the first offense. Please use Classifieds for those. Also remember to look in there as there is allot of good stuff for sale, or maybe somebody need something you have…??

- Many on here have WAY to long signatures, my ‘boss’ actually pointed this out to me today… Please don’t make me PM (or warn you) about that! Also think about your fellow Mustang Friends scroll and scroll because you had to mention your lipstick holder… and who reads all that anyways, unless you post a 9.9 sec run of course… Eight (8) lines is maximum and please don't make it an essay!

Please Note; The easiest way for me to remind you your signature is too long is to send a warning, that way I'll also know who I have allready told. Please dont be offended and feel I bully you, please also note it's a zero point warning, no biggie! It's just the easiest way for me to remind you and can seem dramatic but is not! Okay? I'd luv to type you all (criminals, lol) a nice, personal friendly reminder PM but there is no time... :wavey

- I hate coming up with Thread Titles for you guys, please make sure the title fits the text so people interested, maybe having your answer, will look in. Help wanted, How do I, etc. does not cut it.

- Please do a search so we don’t have 55 threads about one specific CAI etc. If there is one thread that seems to fit your question, or what it might be, please post there, it will still jump on top even though the thread is a year old! I think we’re doing pretty well there...

- Spammers, Phishers, Corporations, etc. will be banned with NO warning for breaking the rules in the AUP.

Well, enough of me whining! Lets get back to the usual stuff and have some fun, hopefully with a cleaner looking site!

I will remove this Sticky soon and the same goes for stickys not used for 30 days, of course excluding important ones such as TSBs etc…

Again, thanks for being here and please let me know if there is anything I can/should do!

YOUR servant,

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
There goes the neighborhood :shocked:

Just kidding, congrats! :smoke:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping to make it a better block with your help... :eyebulge:

I am serious about making it work for everybody, we only have those rules, and believe it or not they kinda make sense, especially if you think about it, or get told the reasoning, like I was... kinda like this :sterb: , LOL.

We have awesome resourses here, not only just eachother but look at this site. The size of it, no upload limits, etc... The admin is taking care of us and they only ask for a few things...

·
Registered
269 Posts
A better dude could not have been picked:thumbup , your technical knowledge and willingness to share it is one of the things that makes this forume great :drink: .

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I demand a recount! Wait, there wasnt a vote.
:thumbsup

GL, Im sure you'll do fine. Buncha good people here.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys!

Please don't let me make it into 'my site', I want and need input!

Also if you see spam, re-direkts, ad's, etc. please PM me so I can deal with it. I can't follow all threads nor can I read your PMs...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congrats KJ! You'll do a fine job - you're always a positive presence on the board!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Great to have you working here... As long as you don't require Breathalizer before posting in the evening I should be alright! I already cut my signature down :sterb: and rolled up my sleeves for a bit of bantering. I like it here when a few of us (YOU included!) get it going on the funny side but yet still provide a fantastic site with purpose. Heck yeah, I'm glad you had the intestinal fortitude to take on the big task! If is seems too easy let us know, we'll kick it up a knotch with a post that will get you working. Thanks for taking it on! Russ

G

·
Welcome KJ. I just became the moderator for the 4.6 forum. I jump into this one time to time because u 05 guys still have a 4.6 under there. Good point about the signatures, some were crazy the amount of little stuff they included. Premium floormats are not a mod IMO! :eyepoppin You can delete my sticky for the gas prices if u want. Just there was about 10 threads for this in this forum. Good luck!!!

P.S. Do u hang out at MD? I think I seen your car there at the dyno day back in April or May, cant remember what month it was. I was getting dynoed that day!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well Hello KJ

And Welcome:happyhapp

I connected with you immediately. Had an 89LX 5.0 Stolen as well. More like car jacked just outside of Newark, NJ:sterb: What a crappy day.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome aboard Captain, I guess this means the rum will be rationed from now on and floggings will commence immediately. :sterb:

J/K, hope you enjoy your new job. :winks

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again, thanks for the encouraging words! Don't know what the congrats are for...?? Maybe I missed something? Is this a (well) paid 'job'?

If there is a TUI or TWI rule I'll turn myself in now, maybe I get to keep my typing licence?

MBH, Thanks! Glad to have you too! (Need help with my bottom end... :winks ) Yours, and mine sticky will go.... Yea, I'm at MD all the time, they hate me! LOL! I remember your car! We should meet up there sometime! I'll be there Friday for some work... and prolly to check out the dyno runs / tuning on Saturday... Next time you go there check out the pile at the exit in the garage, my suspension parts and cluth/flywheel assembly they're too busy to put on (looong story.) In the store there is a big coffin lookin box, that's my Vortech... sigh! PM me if you wanna hook up! "SCT tune by Darrin"...??? I'm gonna tell Ken!

HazMat, I used to be a FF/EMT... Mine was stolen from the university lot, in daylight! Allstate paid for all my mods! ($5500 car, plus 7K for the mods, nice!)

Pyrat, I'm just a First Officer... :cool: I say Rum for all, as soon as you shorten your sig to eight or fewer lines, inkluding (double)spaces! Thanks!

G

·
color=#000000]MBH, Thanks! Glad to have you too! (Need help with my bottom end... :winks ) Yours, and mine sticky will go.... Yea, I'm at MD all the time, they hate me! LOL! I remember your car! We should meet up there sometime! I'll be there Friday for some work... and prolly to check out the dyno runs / tuning on Saturday... Next time you go there check out the pile at the exit in the garage, my suspension parts and cluth/flywheel assembly they're too busy to put on (looong story.) In the store there is a big coffin lookin box, that's my Vortech... sigh! PM me if you wanna hook up! "SCT tune by Darrin"...??? I'm gonna tell Ken![/color]

Yeah Ken knows it allready. LOL I only met him once or twice and he is a great guy. I will prolly get my gears done by them. Darrin on the MD boards is a great guy too but since u dont have an automatic he cant help you out! LOL We are a strange breed i know! hahah

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mbhmustang1998 said:

Yeah Ken knows it allready. LOL I only met him once or twice and he is a great guy. I will prolly get my gears done by them. Darrin on the MD boards is a great guy too but since u dont have an automatic he cant help you out! LOL We are a strange breed i know! hahah
Yea, they are all awesome guys, Ken and Brandon the owners but also Tim, Matt and the other extras! Ken is arguably one of the best SCT tuners in the US! :eyebulge: It is so lucky they are 8 minutes from my house! Nice to know who you're giving your loved one to! :dunce:

·
Registered
176 Posts
What is a FICHER?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
boltzman said:
What is a FICHER?
Shoulda been fishing I think... part of the bottom feaders of the internet... fishing for e-mail addies (they later can sell or spam), hits on a site (they get paid for hits on), etc...

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
kj_cinci said:
Shoulda been fishing I think... part of the bottom feaders of the internet... fishing for e-mail addies (they later can sell or spam), hits on a site (they get paid for hits on), etc...
The term is actually called "phishing"
They also send bogus email's asking for your social security number, credit card numbers and passwords, saying they need them to verify that you are a winner, etc.
Some people fall for it.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! Not too computer savvy... can't spell either... :tongue

1 - 19 of 19 Posts