Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G

·
From what i read and heard, the ol FIPK is better. Its plastic so it retains heat far less altho the typhoon does look cool.

·
Registered
364 Posts
knightrider_916 said:
What do you think about the new K & N typhoon? Is it better or does it just have a different look?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-...ryZ38634QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I don't remember what K&N lists for Mustang HP gain with the Typhoon, but the FIPK is 10hp. I was just helping a friend look at the K&N stuff for his WRX and there was only 1 hp difference between the FIPK and the Typhoon for the WRX. So they must be pretty close.
I don't believe that with the velocity that the air moves through the intake that it has enough time to pick up any significant amount of heat from metal vs plastic pipe. The whole "metal heats up the air" thing is hype. get whicever one you like better.

FWIW, I have the FIPK on my 02 Gt and like it.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Once you get an intake to a certain flow rate, it's not going to make much of a difference in what it looks like, at least not until you start moving further along with induction and exhaust mods. The Typhoon looks a lot like most other CAI's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.