Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So from these we can get a better look at the new headlights, antenna (in the rear now), steering wheel, white gauge faces, vents, etc.

Anybody have a guess at what the toggle beside the shifter is all about?

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am liking the dash so far...not sure about the squarish vents in the center....

And I see that this guy has fog lights whereas the car and driver picture did not....big plus for me. GOTTA have those fogs. :)

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
As I noted before, I see the changed the retro round air vents for moder rectangualr ones. Call me silly, but the steering wheel controls do take away from the classic retro styling....IMHO, morso than any other option (except for maybe the NAV)

·
Registered
364 Posts
We've got what appears to be leather wrapped e-brake handle and round blinker/windshield wiper sticks. Interesting to see what they are changing.

·
Registered
632 Posts
switch mite be a TCS or ESB switch if the nav/radio controls take up more space below the new rectangular vents...

or maybe factory NOS...LOL

·
Registered
157 Posts
The rectangular vents are from I believe the 70's. It also looks like they lowered the turn signal lights up front. Don't know about those switches next to the shifter.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I read about this..it's a "turbo boost" option..there putting it in there to celebrate KITT being a stang!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Notice the side mirrors appear to be a different shape.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Anybody else notice the white face gauges?
I'm not sure what the toggle is for - obviously it makes something go up and down (or fore and aft). It can't be the windows or the seats. Suspension options?
I like the stereo controls on the wheel. I think all cars should have them.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Like the gauges and yes the center vents look 1970 but the controls on the wheel are hip. And so what they were not on the original... would you like drum brakes?
My friends new Ferrari has controls all over the wheel, if its good enough for that then its good enough for the new stang. Also the plastic appears to be of a higher grade (much needed).

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Still not lovin' the amber lens inside the headlight.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like everything so far except the center vents.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Looking at the bulge under the black tape on the steering wheel....it looks like the logo on the steering wheel center cap is now the running horse logo instead of the tri-bar horse logo thingy.

From what I can tell by those pics....it looks like the changes are going to look quite good....

·
Registered
534 Posts
I like the white stiching on the seats...not too sure about the headlights...thw switch beside the shifter looks to be almost a slide...could it be for the ambient lighting..?..idk....the mirrors do look to be a bit diffrent shape...looks ok so far..but not enough to put mine up for sale...as least not yet..lol

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Yeah, the square center AC vents seem like a step backward. They are not as adjustable as the round ones. I could never get the square ones in my 02 GT to aim the way I wanted them to. The circular vents are brilliant....sad to see them go.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i have a theory that the switches might be the buttons for the car's internal computer. I am liking all of the changes that they are making. I always wished i had audio controls on the steering wheel, i think the gauges look cool.

And if i recall, they are trying to make this car look more 70's versus the current S192 that looks more 60's

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
i like it, but im also looking past alot of things...the lights arent great, but then again, the gt40 and original stang concepts had overdone lights, so i doubt they will be factory (i might be wrong). i like the interior, especially the white face gauges. they make reading the instrument panel alot easier. (my friends roush has them and are tons easier to read)

that toggle swith might be for garage openers, or maybe ipod connectivity with the new sound system. the new "sync" system is supposed to be on more models than the fusion/edge/focus by then, so maybe that has something to do with it..OOOOORRRRR, perhaps its a functional eject button

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 841 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.