Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 569 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're less than a year away, and we still have nothing on the 2015 Mustang?

Usually by now there are spy photos, leaked specs, etc. Ford is doing a damn good job at keeping the lid on the new car.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Very interesting and I like the idea of a Mach1. I'm happy if they just don't go futurama on us.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ford is doing a pretty good job of keeping this under their hat, I don't even trust that the clay models are accurate, they could have taken the pictures they needed then threw some extra clay or took some off to throw us off trail

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Ford is doing a pretty good job of keeping this under their hat, I don't even trust that the clay models are accurate, they could have taken the pictures they needed then threw some extra clay or took some off to throw us off trail
Indeed. Many years ago I read a magazine article in which some auto company bigwig took the author, an automotive journalist, on a facilities tour. The exec showed the author a large, paved area surrounded by high chain link fencing and said, "This is where we do our calibrated leaks."

"Calibrated leaks?" the journalist asked.

"That's what you guys call 'spy shots.'"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I still lived in Dearborn, Michigan.

I'd be trolling around the Ford engineering complex trying to get shome shots.

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I was at Galpin last week and none of the sales guys knew anything on the 2015. At least, if they do, they are doing a good job at keeping it under wraps. One guy told me the info will be leaked online before the people at the dealer find out anything. :shrug

·
Registered
617 Posts
I actually love the 4cy turbo idea! The thing that worry me is if ford is still going to utilize MT82 for their standard manual. I'm not really too impressed with it although it gets the job done.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
No offense to anyone is auto sales, but I have seen it many times where the public can find out before they inform the dealerships.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No offense to anyone is auto sales, but I have seen it many times where the public can find out before they inform the dealerships.

It shouldn't be taken as offensive, I feel like a pretty well-informed employee at my Mercedes dealership but I often find new stuff just trolling the internet. Worldcarfans.com has posted a lot of new info on 2014 models not yet available(the Mustang being among the only early year cars on sale).

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
Been looking around and finding nothing but variations on the Evos concept design. I hope that's not the direction Ford is going with the Mustang.

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well a friend at work had a modded 350Z & yeah it definitely reminded me of that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 569 Posts