Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys, phase one is complete, i got my motor and my doors, and now all i need is a bigger radiator, 8.8 rear end, fuel pump, fuel line, wheels/tires, and motor mounts!!!!

take a look at the fiasco we had trying to get this beast into the garage with a limping motor hoist, i constantly had to hold the back of the engine up because it wasnt balanced very well on the hoist (the hoist was stupid, it was a peice of crap)

anyway, we finally got it in the garage, on a pallet, and sitting on wood blocks so the oil pan isnt being crushed.

the next phase is to take the upper intake off to repaint/clean it, and to take the valve covers off to do the same. after she is all cleaned and polished, it will be time to get the rest of the parts, and begin the transformation.

if everything goes as planned, i am looking at an august start date, and barring any MAJOR hiccups (we all know there will inevitably be plenty of hiccups) i am looking at a late august/early september finish date!! im so excited!! :happyhapp

p.s. im the one in the grey shirt, sunglasses and black mustang hat! :bigthumbsup

more updates to come!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like your little mustang cap. Me want!...............:bigthumbsup
yeah, i love that hat. my girlfriend got it off of american muscle i think for my birthday last month :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Keep us posted on the progress. I like that hat as well.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
that engine is stollen!

hah!

dude looks great...

theres that hard to work unicycle....

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Get rid of that red paint! Me no like :nogrinner
My 86 5.0 intake was unpainted and looked much better. :gringreen

G

·
That's awesome Brian!

There will be hiccups BUT I'm sure nothing that will be insurmountable.

Good luck and keep the pics coming...

:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Who asked you ???.........:gringreen:gringreen:gringreen

Now is how a stock intake is suppose to look......
Just had to slip those in didn't you?

Confidence is high Rissman! Are you going to pretty up the rest of the engine first?
Any internal work?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just had to slip those in didn't you?

Confidence is high Rissman! Are you going to pretty up the rest of the engine first?
Any internal work?
well im in the process of removing the intake to start cleaning that, and possibly re paint it/powdercoat it blue, but theres this SMALL issue of ONE TINY LITTLE screw holding an electrical connection onto my throttle body, and that is all that is keeping me from taking the upper intake off. (my tb wont come off either, its kinda corroded onto the 4 bolts) any advice on how to get a tine phillips screw that wont turn, out, without stripping it?

anyways, after thats off, ima do the same with the valve covers, paint/powder coat blue, clean and what not, just havent gotten there yet

as far as internal work goes, the previous owner put in aftermarket roller rockers and said the internals are great and the engine could easily handle 7000 RPM. now i know its a craigslist seller that is selling me a used engine with no history report on this car, but he never mentioned that as selling point, he said that to me a week after i bought it when i was going to pick it up. seemed like an honest guy, and i will leave the internals alone for now because i barely have enough money to blow right now to make this thing stock, let alone go FI.

i figure if i do eventually go forced induction, i will have the internals scoped out to see what exactly it can handle.

well ladies and gents, im off to find a junkyard that wants to buy a 3.8 engine, and i need to find some 5.0 shocks/struts and a bigger radiator, then i gotta go buy judi's shirt! :bigthumbsup i will keep you all posted

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep another shameless play by the site rules promotion....

here's what you can do with a set of stock valve covers.....:gringreen

reggie, how in the world do you do that with stock valve covers and intakes????????? :bigthumbsup it looks AMAZING!

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
yea... i know i got the resto itch i sat out in the TA for 3 hours today just drinking and dreaming.

ima buy me a sandblaster. anyone in the dayton area wanan go half in? u can use it any time!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok guys, heres an update, and a very exciting one at that!

well i took off the upper intake and the valve covers so i can strip the paint from them and then repaint them, or powdercoat them blue, and i came accross a very pleasant surprise. when i saw my valves i about passed out! they are so beautiful, brand new rockers and everything! so awesome, take a look belowwwwww! does anyone know what exactly they are called? like the brand and model etc...?

the finding of the roller rockers was yesterday, and today, i picked up some more parts for my beast to be, an 8.8 posi rear end with 3.08 gears, and a brand new chrome starter!!!!!!! take some more looks!!!!! and the best part is i paid a total of 90 bucks for both!

my garage is basically turning into a salvage yard! :happyhapp

anyway, just wanted to let you all know whats goin on because i said i would
the next update you should get will be either some new pumps, or some pics of my painted or powdercoated intake/valve covers, i will keep you guys updated tho :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
dude your doing the right thing.. .i cant belive the deal you got on that engine!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dude your doing the right thing.. .i cant belive the deal you got on that engine!
i know, im goin to autozone today to pick up some new gaskets for everything, and a fuel pump. i think ive decided to buy everything else i need new, id rather have new front springs/struts than have some crappy used ones that will just break in the near future

we are so close i can taste it!

G

·
i know, im goin to autozone today to pick up some new gaskets for everything, and a fuel pump. i think ive decided to buy everything else i need new, id rather have new front springs/struts than have some crappy used ones that will just break in the near future

we are so close i can taste it!
Very good decision.......:bigthumbsup

Do it right the first time........

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.