Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is that everyone wants to race you like tonight im just cruising along then some car a neon comes out of no where going like 70 and tried to race me

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yea, Whats up with Neon drivers thinking they can race? I stopped at the light on the freeway onramp and herd a little rice rev. When I looked over it was a blacked out Neon, no emblems but a huge gauge pod on the pillar. Now I'm asking myself "does this guy really have a turbo or does is he just another ricer with unnecessesary gauges all over the place". Light turned green and I hit it as hard as I could without loosing traction. By the time I was shifting to 2nd he was already a fender behind and now I hear his blow out valve dump...CHHHHH...I look over my sholder and he is still falling behind. I smiled and laughed. Whats the point of boosting your Neon if you cant even catch a GT.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol same with me he had a 10 car length head start and i caught him and would have passed him if i didnt see a car up ahead and slowed down but his turbo kept backing firing on the shifts so i guess he wasnt that great of a driver

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
it happens to me at least once every time I am out in the car.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
That is the good part about having a Mustang. Knowing you can shut those bozo's down. There all wishing that they had one.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
The hard part is turning the other cheek and letting them fly on by. I'm still tempted occasionally but I won't take the bait anymore.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got this 3 times on tuesday when I had my 'stang out. I guess it's the 18" Halibrands and the blacked out hood. maybe its the loud ass exhaust.

·
Registered
912 Posts
lol so true. I usually let them pass and when I get a chance to quickly jump in front of them I do, that really pisses them off :hihi:
What's up with the mini vans also :headscratch:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
its friday and very nice out so I drive the stang to work today. going through town and catch a light and sure enough a little tricked out neon pulls up beside me cracking on it. I did not even pay him no mind at all I think that pisses off worse then beating them. TGIF

·
Registered
213 Posts
i agree....i love the action :bigthumbsup:nogrinner

·
Registered
27 Posts
action is only good if your gettin it!! :gringreen haha
Not many other cars get as much as a mustang either!! Just keep ur ride up to par and its all good!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
14 Posts
People always do want to race the mustang, or try to show off infront of me. Just the other day, I'm sitting at a stop sign and out of nowhere, a crappy looking eagle talon starts reving his engine across from me and goes to take off and kills it. I just kind of look at him weird and then laugh. As I went by him, I made sure he had an earful of my exhaust. It was pretty amusing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
some guy in an old chevy impala or something did that to me tonight he had wing that look like he belonged at the airport i just ignored him wasnt worth the risk or the time and gas

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was riding with my brother and we look at this neon in front of us and on the back it said V8 this. It took me a second to understand what it meant then he hit the gas and either had nitrous or turbo but he took off and chirped it in 2nd gear. It was so unexpected. lol. Im not saying it was fast.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It`s funny I don`t really ever get this sort of thing happen to me. I think everyone,even the young punks,know that the mustang II was a real dog so nobody even wants to waste there time with me and quite honestly I kinda like it like that.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.