Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so like everyone says, you can use the m90 s/c on your mustang v6. But, from what i understand it would be way more beneficial to do it a 94 - 98 because of the single port engine. converting a split port back to a single port is just, well, stupid.

So, i wana buy one of these used s/c's off of ebay but i'm not sure what else i'm gunna need to make it work right? that is if i buy JUST the s/c. how much can i expect for it to cost for a shop to tune the ecu to make everything work well?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Converting a Dual Port to a Single Port for the benifits of a Supercharger is not dumb. Th Supercharger will far bypass the small performance diference between the two.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but it would be more money, thus defeating the purpose of getting a cheap s/c. anyway thats not the point here.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Converting a Dual Port to a Single Port for the benifits of a Supercharger is not dumb. Th Supercharger will far bypass the small performance diference between the two.
I think its really dumb to do that...and its not a small performance difference its 40hp..theres other options that work with the split port..that are more practical...read below..

so like everyone says, you can use the m90 s/c on your mustang v6. But, from what i understand it would be way more beneficial to do it a 94 - 98 because of the single port engine. converting a split port back to a single port is just, well, stupid.

So, i wana buy one of these used s/c's off of ebay but i'm not sure what else i'm gunna need to make it work right? that is if i buy JUST the s/c. how much can i expect for it to cost for a shop to tune the ecu to make everything work well?
if you have a split port you can put on an M112...they sell an adaptor for it on supersixmotorsports.com and mysteed from 3.8 is coming out with an entire kit which Im thinking will go for around 2600 for everything! much more practical than converting to a single port..

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
you'll end up with not much more hp. The M90 just adds a bunch of torque for the overweight T-bird . ..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh sorry i forgot to mention. i have a 98, it's a single port and so i just wanted to know what i need besides the actual m90. maybe some prices, or estimates or w.e

·
Registered
824 Posts
oh sorry i forgot to mention. i have a 98, it's a single port and so i just wanted to know what i need besides the actual m90. maybe some prices, or estimates or w.e
I thought you just said you have a split port above..if you have a split port read my post above..otherwise stick with the M90....give me some time to find everything needed for the job...

·
Registered
11,432 Posts

you need a ton of stuff that will nickel and dime you to death. your best bet if you want to use the M-90 is to just swap in a rebuilt T-bird engine, and locate a new computer to get it to run.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i don't have that kind of money. besides my engine only has 47k on it. and i definitely dont have the tools to drop a new engine in,

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
A complete T-bird engine, rebuilt, ran around 1800 dollars from O'reilleys. by the time you get the engine brackets, mounts, accessories, fuel rails, injectors, programmer, and rebuilt your internals to handle the stress of a roots blower, etc., it will cost you a ton more money.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well whats the laundry list of what i'm going to need here? for the s/c i mean. i'm definitely not dropping in a new engine.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
well whats the laundry list of what i'm going to need here? for the s/c i mean. i'm definitely not dropping in a new engine.
You should be able to find it running a search at the top of the page.

Brackets, accessories, fuel system (rails, injectors, etc),computer, wiring, harnesses, upgraded fasteners, head and intake gaskets, etc., and if it's a used M-90, it should probably be rebuilt.

to avoid blowing up the engine you should also get the SC forged pistons, rings, crank, and connecting rods.

The only ones who've been able to do it cheaper than buying a rebuilt engine are mechanics, starting with a complete donor car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.