Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest jewelry for my baby...

All items purchased from ebay! Here are the links for anybody interested...

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Eurosport-Daytona_Mustang_W0QQfciZ5QQfclZ3QQfsnZEurosportQ20DaytonaQQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQftsZ2QQsaselZ12361398QQsofpZ0

http://search.stores.ebay.com/TheSpoilerCompany_mustang_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZTheSpoilerCompanyQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ125034741QQsofpZ0

Some may call it rice...to borrow the title from Charles Barkley's book...

I May Be Wrong, but I Doubt It

The Windveil and chrome go together like Astaire and Rogers, like Lennon and McCartney, like mashed taters and gravy...

Thanks to Brad Barnett for all his photos of the 65-70 era Stangers, which are providing inspiration as well as historical reference...

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
I like it. :thumbup The chrome does go well with the Windveil Blue, gives it even more of a retro look. If you had done just one or two pieces it would have stuck out too much and looked bad. But since you did it uniformily across the whole car it looks like that's how it came off the assembly line. Now, how about a pic of your grille?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm not sure zregime. Do you like it? That's what counts.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I don't think it looks rice, but I don't think it looks good either. The door handles were designed/shaped/ sized to be colormatched to the car and they look completely out of place with chrome covers on them. The mirrors I could see colormatching them, but making them chrome is kind of like a kid with big ears and his mom gives him a short haircut to make them stick out worse. And ( in my opinion ) the trim on the tail lights and 3rd brake light just looks cheap. But you know what, it doesn't matter what I think. It's your car and you like it, that is what counts.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I agree with hawgman.

little too much bling for me, but what you like is what counts.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Stoenr said:
I agree with hawgman.

little too much bling for me, but what you like is what counts.
Many years later, we will spend a fortune restoring our cars to their original looks. I know I did!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
A little too much for me too but it still look's good.I think having your mirrors painted to match would have looked better though.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Mirrors don't do much for me but I do like the chrome on the taillights. It really defines the lights. Sharp!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
nicely done!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I agree.....since your did a thourgh job thru out the car, it looks like a factory chrome package. Nicely done!!:) I'm not headed in that direction. I'm considering a shelby clone. So no chrome bling bling for me.:winks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FordFreak said:
I like it. :thumbup The chrome does go well with the Windveil Blue, gives it even more of a retro look. If you had done just one or two pieces it would have stuck out too much and looked bad. But since you did it uniformily across the whole car it looks like that's how it came off the assembly line. Now, how about a pic of your grille?
Grille shot, from Sideling Hill, Interstate 68 between Hagerstown and Cumberland, MD, with Daughter:

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
bling bling rice rice baby, butif you like it thats all that matters,it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things(except for mustangs)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
zregime said:
Grille shot, from Sideling Hill, Interstate 68 between Hagerstown and Cumberland, MD, with Daughter:
She looks good from the front! (the car, THE CAR GUYS!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.