Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
You can tell it's a ricer from the amount of times the term "fly by" is used in the story:

...i had to brake and swerve so i get pissed and fly by her...
...so he flys by in the suicide lane...
...and so i fly back by him...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
ERRRP!!!!!

I think I'm gonna puke.......

Too bad you can't forward that to his parents.....

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
WTF did he mean by "whipped a beeyotch"?
Now what we have here, is something very important. This guy has given us what I believe to be the most comprehensive look at the mentality behind the often discussed "fly by" - from the point of view of the ricer. We've all speculated ad-nauseum, as to what could be going through their little minds. Well, here's our answer. This is why I don't have a fancy hood and Saleen wing.
Ricerism seems to be a big "ME" attention seeking thing. There's probably quite a few who know they could be (and would rather be) driving a real car, but keep the garish fartbox for the sake of their beloved image.
It looks like most of them seem to realize that they are the lowest link in the motorhead food chain...
With us, the image all belongs to the car, we are probably a pretty diverse (politically, $ocioeconomicly, yuppies, yokels, longhairs, jocks, hot chicks, etc.) group of drivers, whereas, when you are a ricer, you need to look like vanilla ice.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I loved how the other HONDA drivers tore him a new one. One even called him a ricer. Not to mention most of them give respect to Mustangs, Firebirds, etc. Guess it just goes to show that any group has its cool folks and idiots.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
meangreen92 said:
WTF did he mean by "whipped a beeyotch"?
Now what we have here, is something very important. This guy has given us what I believe to be the most comprehensive look at the mentality behind the often discussed "fly by" - from the point of view of the ricer. We've all speculated ad-nauseum, as to what could be going through their little minds. Well, here's our answer. This is why I don't have a fancy hood and Saleen wing.
Ricerism seems to be a big "ME" attention seeking thing. There's probably quite a few who know they could be (and would rather be) driving a real car, but keep the garish fartbox for the sake of their beloved image.
It looks like most of them seem to realize that they are the lowest link in the motorhead food chain...
With us, the image all belongs to the car, we are probably a pretty diverse (politically, $ocioeconomicly, yuppies, yokels, longhairs, jocks, hot chicks, etc.) group of drivers, whereas, when you are a ricer, you need to look like vanilla ice.
Hang on there Homie!!!!
Don't insult Vanilla Ice!!!
He was Rollin in his 5.0
with the top pulled down so his hair could blow.........

·
Registered
244 Posts
JB02GT said:
I loved how the other HONDA drivers tore him a new one. One even called him a ricer. Not to mention most of them give respect to Mustangs, Firebirds, etc. Guess it just goes to show that any group has its cool folks and idiots.
It's only the bad 10 percent of them that ruin it...like ours too...
I was at autozone buying a carb for my new 65 Mustang...and some other dude was there complaining about all the problems he's having with his cavalier...the auto zone guy says, well that's your problem, you should of never bought a domestic...the guy then says, your right, I had 93 Honda never failed...
so I say..."what you got against domestics man"
he says..."they're pieces of **** that aren't worth the money"
"oh yeah, what do you drive"
"a 97 civic"
"oh yeah, what all did you do to it...what engine does it have"
"it's just a regular vtec, but I did all the body work"
"so it looks like crap and runs like it too then"
...this triggered some snickers from the other dudes there...
"well I'm gonna put a b16 in it..."
"oh that's cool...what else..."
"well I'll start with a b16, then go to a k20"
"you ever take it to a track and see how fast it is..."
"what for, I know I'll get smoked"
"so you're just gonna do all this to it and never run it for reals, just cruise at the mall and pick up on high school girls, and fly by guys like me on the freeway and get off the off ramps real quick like...that's cool...let me know when you're ready to run"
...this triggered some more snickering from the guys there...as well as a few "ooh hes calling you out"...
he says..."your's don't even run, that's why your buying a carb..."
"yeah, a 4 barrel carb to a 289 65 Mustang...but that's not what I drive...I drive that Mustang out there"
...this prompted them to walk to the window and look...
"what's the hood scoop for, isn't it a v6"
"naw man...Mach 1's don't come in v6's..."
...silence...more silence...
"is this all you're gonna get man"
"what's wrong...don't have anything to say now...don't get mad bro, I love Civic's too...I had a Prelude once...just let me know when you're ready to run against a domestic and get put in your place..."
...this prompted the manager to start laughing at him...he drove a 5.0...and he gave me a pretty nice discount...holley 4 barrel carb for 145...

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
JEB said:
Hang on there Homie!!!!
Don't insult Vanilla Ice!!!
He was Rollin in his 5.0
with the top pulled down so his hair could blow.........
FO' SHIZZLE!!!:gringreen I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of 5.0 drivers when I say that I'm ashamed of that, but yeah, it's true. Thanks for bringing that up. I wish I could say that that's why I drive a hatch. lol

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
JB02GT said:
I loved how they ripped into him over and over as a group and as individuals. Frequent wishes that he "die in a fire as quickly as possible" made me respect them all more as a group! Turns out Darwin will be waiting for that kid. His mommy will be very upset to hear that he has been representing himself as a ricer-racer in her grocery getter.

·
Registered
861 Posts
You know...

That post sort-of opened my eyes.

I was under the belief that all foreign imports with fart cans and lights on the bottom were all asshats. I really believed that.

This little thread argues with that common belief. There is some hope for them.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Young_Buck said:
You know...

I was under the belief that all foreign imports with fart cans and lights on the bottom were all asshats. I really believed that.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, Those voices of reason that you heard/read on that forum were really AFM members frontin'.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Condoleeza

Young_Buck said:

I have to agree. Gave me a warm, feeling all over :) Seriously though, apparently all motorheads have the same gene, it is just expressed in whatever way it can be. If you start with a Honda, I guess you work on what you have. If your Honda breaks and you have been slowly getting the idea that "fast is good", your next step might be to think "Hmmm, if my 1.8L is quick, I wonder what the little, Barbie, base-model [that I can afford] of the Mustang would be like? It sure looks cool. How big is the engine? HOW BIG?!?! Their littlest engine is a 4.0L!?!?"

Then they feel it.

America doesn't screw around with power. We make it.

And another ricer comes back from the dark side. Maybe I should help bring them along and just be supportive. "Looks cool man, I like the [paint/stickers/weird fin/missmatched air dam/flame job]. What sold you on that?" And be prepared for the answer that, translated, will probably be "It sorta looked cool and I could afford it."

Tell him "Dude, there is nothing wrong with making your car look cool. We all do that."

I should keep away from any comments about speed and things like that. It could push him and his car [named "Condoleeza", I just don't know why :|] into a corner where he feels he has to show me that a normally aspirated 1.8, with a CAI really *can* make 600hp.

No one wants that.

-David

·
Registered
102 Posts
Oy, from such a pain we should never know! Thanks for this thread, Engineer. I don't begrudge anyone with an import, hell, I drove an Integ for 14 years. Loved the reliability, but I did absolutely zero mods to it. Not a racer or poseur myself, but I get a kick out of all the "look at me" kids in their imports. Body kits and ugly-assed wings, massive exhaust tips, decal packages up the ass, but no power. You can tell driving past them when their cars sound exactly like a 14 year old stock Integ. It's all "style" and no substance.

Jetblack, you're absolutely right "America doesn't screw around with power." There's no replacement for displacement. :happyhapp And Yorchi, good show on ya!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Redeemer said:
Oy, from such a pain we should never know! Thanks for this thread, Engineer. I don't begrudge anyone with an import, hell, I drove an Integ for 14 years. Loved the reliability, but I did absolutely zero mods to it. Not a racer or poseur myself, but I get a kick out of all the "look at me" kids in their imports. Body kits and ugly-assed wings, massive exhaust tips, decal packages up the ass, but no power. You can tell driving past them when their cars sound exactly like a 14 year old stock Integ. It's all "style" and no substance.
Oh, you have no idea. Around post, that is all they have. I saw a Probe with the words "Probe" on the back earlier today with a big can. I said "I think it's a Probe.." and started laughing. I look at cars that drive around post and just think "You think your fast..." or "That car doesn't have anything on me". I'm not trying to be conceited, but I'm just tired of the "Look at me" thing, too.

I'm a believer in true, old fashioned, American Made Power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.