Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working on the coupe and wanted to share some pics....have alot of work to go. Poured water down the cowling last night and into the floorboard it went...will start working on the cowling tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
That's pretty rough, but it reminds me alot of mine when I first tore it down.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Isn't chasing rust fun! I started to fix my cowl and by the time I was done I had replaced the complete cowl assy., the inner panels behind the shock towers, both ends of the firewall along with some repairs to the center of the firewall, and both front floorpans. Everything is solid in the front now! I think I'm going to fix that little spot near the rear torque box now. How bad could it be?

·
Registered
503 Posts
+1 to what Chuck said

"that little rust spot" NEVER turns out to be that little in the end. when I pulled the old carpet out there was one little rust spot on the back of the raised floor support for the drivers seat.. then I pulled the old padding off the floor pan behind the driver seat and that whole section was rusty I guess there must have been a leak

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
the roof and the deck lid and the passenger door on my car are untouched. the rest has been pretty much replaced over the years. sad but true.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts