Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellas and chicks, the vert is down for a while. On the way to work this morning 5th gear died on me. I think it was my fault but I'm not sure. I tried to downshift into third on the freeway from 4th but wound up back in fifth with a horible crunch. About 2 miles down the road the tranny started making some really horrible sounds so I put it back into fourth and the noises stopped. I pulled over anyway to minimize any damage that particulate that's floating around in there would do. Has anyone had any experience with Ford concerning transmissions and swapping over to a synthetic tranny fluid instead of the crap Mercon V they put in from the factory?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like a replacement tranny is on order. They haven't opened the old one up yet so I don't know for sure if it's gonna be covered or not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Are they trying to give you crap about the mods? Is this on the 04' in your sig?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They haven't said anything about the mods so far, but they hadn't opened up the tranny when I talked to them earlier. Yeah this is on the '04, I've already replaced the one in the '83.

·
Registered
154 Posts
That sucks!, good luck with the warranty

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. If I end up paying for the repair I'm just gonna swap to a Cobra 6 speed so when I get a blower the transmission is better suited for the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.