Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theft flash

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  kscoyote 
#1 ·
My pony does not like the colder nights . She is harder to start and shift out of park . But now she also flashes one + six on the theft light in the dash . It has done this twice now . The second time the theft light flashed over and over ( fast ) then went to one plus six . Does anybody have a break down of what code 16 is on a theft light ? Thanks for any help !

#2 ·
Punxsy Stang said:
My pony does not like the colder nights . She is harder to start and shift out of park . But now she also flashes one + six on the theft light in the dash . It has done this twice now . The second time the theft light flashed over and over ( fast ) then went to one plus six . Does anybody have a break down of what code 16 is on a theft light ? Thanks for any help !
How many miles?

try running a good fuel system cleaner, and cleaning your MAF. given the age of the car you might need a tune up, spark plug wires, etc.

#3 ·
Punxsy Stang said:
RE: Code 16, autozone can tell you the error, I suspect it's related to your startup problems . .

#4 ·
My car has 70K on it . I just changed plugs , wires and cleaned the MAF and installed a CAI at 67 K . It is due for an oil change but that shouldn`t set a code .

If the theft light blinks is it something to do with the PATS system ? Or is it engine . I might have a bad ground some where to . Lights flicker some .

#5 ·
Punxsy Stang said:
My car has 70K on it . I just changed plugs , wires and cleaned the MAF and installed a CAI at 67 K . It is due for an oil change but that shouldn`t set a code .

If the theft light blinks is it something to do with the PATS system ? Or is it engine . I might have a bad ground some where to . Lights flicker some .

Do you have a bunch of stereo equipment?

When you changed the plugs & wires, what kind did you use?

#6 ·
I used ford motor craft plugs . and A high grade set of wires . I only have the factory stereo set up . When ever I refinished the car , I painted it inside and out . I might not have a good ground some wheres . That would cause the lights to flicker . I already had the alt checked and it is fine . But even at that , the car has ran fine all summer . She just don`t like the cold ....

One good thing , My mustang goes on lay up for the winter . I will be parking her soon .

#7 ·
Punxsy Stang said:
I used ford motor craft plugs . and A high grade set of wires . I only have the factory stereo set up . When ever I refinished the car , I painted it inside and out . I might not have a good ground some wheres . That would cause the lights to flicker . I already had the alt checked and it is fine . But even at that , the car has ran fine all summer . She just don`t like the cold ....

One good thing , My mustang goes on lay up for the winter . I will be parking her soon .
Sometimes, if the wires have less resistance than the factory wires, it can throw the computer for a loop.

I did the same thing.

Try disconnecting the computer for 5 mins, and reconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.