Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I hit a pothole (Welcome to PA!) and my rear broke loose. i just let off the gas & let it grip by itself, didn't hit the brakes. I drove it home & everything was fine. When I left again I realized a squeak, not high pitch. and only when i hit the breaks. i'm thinking a break cable or something...? and it only comes from the front left tire.

also, i parked my car and went to drive again about an hour later. it started completely fine but then my theft light started blinking. it went for a good minute or so, then stopped. about 15 seconds later, it started blinking again. so i turned my car off & turned it back on and it hasn't happened since. I wasn't too worried since my car is still starting fine & whatnot, but any idea what would cause it to do this??

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I would make sure you didn't damage something in the front end. Jack up the car and check for play. There are no brake cables located up front.

That would be your PATS system blinking. If it is not shutting down your car, I wouldn't worry about it.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was reading other posts and saw that many other people have the same problem with the theft light, but it shuts their car off. so i figured as long as mine starts & runs it's not a problem.
the noise in the front right also just randomly went away. i'm still gonna look though just to make sure.

thanks for the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.