Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Erm, i was of the understanding there was two models of the 2005/6 model mustang, a GT 3.0litre v8 and a more powerful v8. I've seen mention of a v6, does that exist? whats the point?

·
Registered
305 Posts
There are two models. A 4.6 liter V-8 and a 4.0 liter V-6.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
dunno where u heard 3.0. but ckp is right

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
MaDMaXX said:
Erm, i was of the understanding there was two models of the 2005/6 model mustang, a GT 3.0litre v8 and a more powerful v8. I've seen mention of a v6, does that exist? whats the point?
If Ford of Europe imports them, they may use a Cosworth 3.0L, just to help with fuel etc.

Here in the states though, there WILL be 3 models.

5.4L Supercharged Shelby
4.6L GT
4.0L MustangV6

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting....
No, ford won't import these (not fair)

Hmm, so, what is known as the mustang GT is the V8? i presume its the shelby variant that isn't yet available?

Wonder which one i hired, could swear it was a v8, sounded like one, can't say it went like one, but thats another thread.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, i suddenly got that feeling, but it didn't sound like a V6, which was very strange. Whats the power output on a V6?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I was waiting for you to chime in on this one - I think our British friend may have an inadequacy problem... :winks

fishingjts said:
They make great sleepers... hehehehe...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm, thanks for the wavs, i can't find the idle recording i made at the time, i can't believe i didn't check under the bonnet, but then, i didn't know there was a chance it could be anything but a v8.

I did however find the video where we tried to get the dang thing to shift!! man, it cut the power at 4k if it wasn't getting resistance so the donuts were hard to pull off (we had a dusty road, no room before the ditch at the roadside)

Anyway, it definately sounds v8, but wish i'd checked to be sure now.

Anyway, yeah, need a place to rent a v8 mustang from in portland oregon. I'd settle for the v6 if i could get a manual box.

Don't think i wo'nt drive a v6, i own one right now, but i don't live the states, the land of the v8, so when i drive there, i want the real thing ;) Its not all engine, i do like the mustang, but if you're driving an auto, its real hard to control the car when driving fast.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
thought it was 210 on the 6?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats not a lot for a 4.0l v6 tbh, but then neither is 300 for the 4.6, what's the torque on them?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, thanks for the vid, thats a beautiful sound :)

But whomever is driving needs to down change and not coast so much, and the throttle wants prepping on down changes, otherwise, fairly smooth on the changes, i like :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
The V6 is advertised at 210hp and 240ft/lbs. V8 at 300hp and 320ft/lbs. If you were having trouble pulling a donut on a dusty road, your traction control was probably on.

This smells a little like another V6 vs V8 troll.

·
Registered
708 Posts
MaDMaXX said:
Thats not a lot for a 4.0l v6 tbh, but then neither is 300 for the 4.6, what's the torque on them?
Remember the price on these cars. The GT deluxe can be had for less than $25,00 US. Then think about the price points and displacements on other V8 based cars, exspecially what's popular over the pond(BMW, Aston ect). There's enough of a price difference between a GT Deluxe and a piddly 325i that the mustang owner has enough left over for a super charger. By the time you get up to an M3 or 525 the mustang owner has either a second mustang or a completely rediculous :eyebulge: street car.

240 ft-lbs
320 ft-lbs

I really don't have any problems breaking traction in a GT on a dry clean road surface. Did it last night leaving a parking lot. Nothing like sliding the rear end around to clear on coming traffic.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.