Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...until after I bought it.

There's no ashtray. Not a real big deal. I don't smoke so that was the last thing I was looking for. However, I usually used the ashtrays in my other cars for small trash, gun wrappers, etc. I know they have those removable ashtrays that fit it one of the cupholders. Should my Mustang have come with one?

The Mustang emblem on the windshield right behind the rearview mirror.

The emergency fuel shutoff switch right by the hood release.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Notice the grocery bag clips on the rear inside the trunk? They will keep most plastic grocery bags in place.

Also the rear upholder has a false bottom

·
Registered
454 Posts
You can buy one from Ford that fits in the cupholder for $29.95 I believe. I've bought two, one for my 05 Ranger and one for the stang.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
If you have the interior upgrade package your gauges will change to red when things get critical (unless, you have selected red as your color). e.g. if you get really low on gas your gas gauge turns red, etc.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Did you notice the false bottom in the rear cupholder? I use it to hide my crack. Don't tell anyone, but really that's where I hide my wheel lock socket.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
That's too cool. I didn't know that. I'll let it go to empty next time just to see that!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
boss377 said:
Did you notice the false bottom in the rear cupholder? I use it to hide my crack. Don't tell anyone, but really that's where I hide my wheel lock socket.
Did not notice that. Good idea for the wheel lock socket.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't know about the 06's, but the 05's don't have a trunk release on the interior of the car either.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
NorthernStang said:
I don't know about the 06's, but the 05's don't have a trunk release on the interior of the car either.
Yes they do. It's the little glowing thing hanging in the trunk. Make sure you remove it before you put your hostages in there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, how 'bout this?

My dealer sold the vehicle I wanted by the time I made it there (about a week, internet shopper) so two very similar 'stangs were up for grabs, one 20 mi away, another 600. Being impatient, I opted for 20, which had the Sport Appearance Package, vs IUP w/ mycolor. Whatever. How many times am I gonna change the display chroma, right?

Well, there's no batt charge or oil pressure gauges with the SAP (i know, dumb a$$ me). Boy do I feel like a heel.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Lol.

Maybe put an extension on it and run it to the front

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
ponyexpress said:
That looks like where I have my color setting set at. I have it set a 1-1-3
I ran mine at "noticeably purple" for a while, then back to 5-1-1 [red] then blue until I read the thread about "What do you guys think of my blue LED interior lights?" and immediately switched back to red.

Blue was also harder to focus on, in the dark. Nice and clear and bright and all, just hard for my pupils to adjust to. Red works so much better; no probs with night vision changes or anything. So I'll never notice until it is too late, that my fuel is low and stuff :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
The little glowing handle thingy hanging in the trunk can be pressed onto the velcro or whatever it is to keep it out of the way. It was hanging down when I picked up car and I thought that's how it went until I read otherwise-somewhere here I think. It kept getting caught on grocery bags, but not anymore!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
How about the little magnet strap on the side of the seat. It's supposed to hold the seatbelt forward so you can reach it easier. Anyone use this? The magnet is not strong enough.

·
Registered
404 Posts
while talking about dash stuff...the highbeam indicator to me is 'painfully blue'...on dark roads its almost as if someones shining a LED flashlight at your eyes...very distracting...turning dimmer down just makes it stand out worse.

anyone else think that needs toned down a bit, or is it just my nightblind eyes?

things I didnt notice before buying...hmm...
1) didnt notice that every time kids get in or out seat needs readjusted.
2) didnt know defroster wont shut off, and only way to get warm feet is use dash/floor setting and close dash vents(just figured that out last night).
3) didnt know fenders have NO shims anywhere- I was impressed...put them back on without needing to adjust anything.
4) didnt know my passenger rear spring was mis-installed at the factory(will probably need rubber pad replaced as it looks to be cut where it popped out from under spring)
5) didnt know about missing sealer on trunk floor, or holes into rockers in front of rear tires(until after 300 miles of driving before getting under it)
6) didnt know stereo stayed on till door opened.
7) didnt know seatbelt warning could be so obnoxious(I usually belt up, just never heard one so insistent...comes back on if you ignore it...)
8) didnt know gages light up with key on- drove home with lights off one night, didnt notice till turning down our street.
9) didnt know brake reservoir drips fluid from cap every time you drive it(eventually it should get towards 'min' level, then I hear it wont do this anymore...) wonder how many 05/06's have underhood paint damage from brakefluid dripping?
10) the best for last...had no idea this car I'd wanted so bad would be so fun to drive. I was hooked for many reasons, but the car is fun to drive beyond all expectations...usually a new car has that 'get used to it' time- not this one...fits like a glove, all the controls are perfectly located, controls feel perfect(except gas pedal...needs a cable), has most powerful brakes Ive ever used(would be interesting to calculate peak braking horsepower...bet is more than engine...), general road feel is perfect balance of sporty/comfy...dont beat you up like my old camaro did at all, yet seems firmer? how'd they do that? had no idea a little 281 inch V8 could make such incredible sounds from its intake/exhaust.

while the third gear gate can get a bit vague, and the tranny has some sound issues, and the gaspedal feels 'detached', interior is rather 'hard' and a few other nitpics, this car is still so darned fun to drive I just want to go burn gas...I wasnt this excited to drive back when I was 16! Ford really made this a 'drivers car', and I just thank God Ive had the good fortune of getting ahold of one...its a treat for sure.

1 - 20 of 239 Posts