Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what this this is or does in the trunk next to the spare tire...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Maybe something to do with the electronic trunk release? Or the tail lights? IT's sometihng electric cuz of the tubing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Unplug it and see what happens.:embarrassed

I will have to take a look myself. curiosity kills.

I think it must have something to do with the brakelights and the license plate light

·
Registered
538 Posts
Secret tracking device imlanted by the FBI

·
Registered
223 Posts
depends on what year it is.... in the 1999-2004 the automatic fuel shut off is on the drivers side behind the tail light... hidden behind the carpet kinda...

but yeah that looks like a fuel cutoff... seeing the wire going down threw a hole toward the gas tank.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
VintageV8 said:
I think it where you fill the blinker fluid.
:rollgrin: :rollgrin: It looks like a thingy to me too.:hihi:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Am guessing fuel shut off. Should have a switch on it, and should be mentioned in your manual...??

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
kj_cinci said:
Am guessing fuel shut off. Should have a switch on it, and should be mentioned in your manual...??
Don't try to confuse us with this "reading the manual" baloney.

Pfeh.

Like anyone's gonna do that.

Asking people on www.allfordmustangs.com is *way* more entertaining.

+1 on the blinker fluid.

The manual says to clean the opening with prop wash before adding blinker fluid. If the opening will not open you will need to go down to the machine shop and ask the guy for a "machinists punch".

He'll be happy to give you one :)

No charge.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This devise is in my 2006 GT.

The switch to turn the fuel pump back on is up front in the driver's side foot well for the 2005/6/7 models. Fuel pump is in the tank which is under the rear seat on 2005/6/7 models.

Owner's manual? Is that the thing in my glovebox still wrapped in plastic? AFM is full of better information (or full of it in some cases, making it much more entertaining).

I'm leaning toward the blinker fluid pump as suggested above...

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
you guys know NOTHING.

That is a shart separator switch. You are in deep doodoo if it fails.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
My manual is opened... :( I'm LESS of a MAN for it... :(

I tried so hard to remember the seat belt chime sequense but then couldn't do it.... had to open the manual... have since disconected the battery and it's back... but I'm thinking it would be manlier to go at the chime with plyers looking for the wiring...??

·
Registered
220 Posts
POCO said:
:rollgrin: :rollgrin: It looks like a thingy to me too.:hihi:
Or it could be a wocket behind the sproket...
When you remove it, take good care!
And that quaker on my Shaker, I wish it wasn't there.

Sorry....Dr. Seuss has just recently become my son's favorite...

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think you are all wrong...it's the connection to the oil slick control or the license plate flipper.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Pretty sure it's the rear tommy-guns, right? Wait - maybe I'm watching too much 007 :embarrassed - shouldn't it be up front?? Eh. I like the blinker fluid idea...just remember to read your owner's manual on how to fill it up!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Can you change the pressure of the blinker fluid sprayer nozzle with one of those computers that you plug into the car. I have a Diablo computer and want to change the spray to a mist. :rollgrin:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Marcus GT said:
Can you change the pressure of the blinker fluid sprayer nozzle with one of those computers that you plug into the car. I have a Diablo computer and want to change the spray to a mist. :rollgrin:
you need a special tune for that...Ford didn't want people jacking around with that setting:eyepoppin

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JEB said:
you guys know NOTHING.

That is a shart separator switch. You are in deep doodoo if it fails.
LOL...

JEB, what is a S&W 629C and why does it need a custom hidey hole?

·
Registered
415 Posts
It's the sump pump option that is usually only found on cars in the Gulf Coast and Florida areas.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts