Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"fordmuscle mag" took an 88 lx 5.0 with 3.55 gears trans go shift kit dynomax exhuast U/D and CAI and 12* timing and stock size tires and ran a 13.94..imagine if it had 4.10's with 2500 stall and slicks out back:hihi:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, that's fast with those mods. Last time I was at the track, there was a guy with similar mods and AOD running 15.3's all night and more than one person thought that was good.
Sure that wasn't 1/8th mile?
AHHHH just kidding......:wavey

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's fast with those mods. Last time I was at the track, there was a guy with similar mods and AOD running 15.3's all night and more than one person thought that was good.
Sure that wasn't 1/8th mile?
AHHHH just kidding......:wavey

yea it was deff 1.4 mile lol heres a link FORDMUSCLE.com - Project 88 update

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
When the AOD's run right, they rip up the pavement!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Look up Herman Stolzenberg. In 2000, he ran 8.685 at 165 mph with an AOD.

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
8.6 seconds huh??? Knock another 3/4's of a second off my quarter mile and Im there.....NOT!!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Yup, 8.65. And yes, that's 1/4 mile, not 1/8. He hasn't been around in a while but I'll find what I have on him but I remember he said he was going to have the world's fastest AOD car. I'd say he did, if I remember right, it was a blue 1989 LX hatchback.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Okay, I have never seen a stock AOD car run a 14.59. In fact, I have never seen a stock 5spd run that. I have never owned a AOD car but I have seen more than 1 race before. I hope I don't sound like I'm knocking them...(I'm not)...are 14's possible in a stock AOD?
I ran a 15.1 stone stock and had alot of people say it was good. I thought so. The AOD car I ran twice that night ran 15.3 with 4:10's, exhaust, rear control arms, and K&N.
I guess this is more of a fact finding post.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
My AOD pulled pretty good stock and 2.7 rear. Would have thought your time would have been better with 4.10's. Been fighting the idea of running mine....maybe this summer. If I do, Ill post.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I too saw that article and I was impressed with that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts