Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to wake this car up and I think this is what will help. I just wonder if spraying it out of the hole will be ok?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Yikes! 4.56 is a lot of gear even for an auto. I ran 4.30s for awhile and I couldn't stay out of the rev limiter.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to cut my 60` some. I will have to run a taller tire also. I will run a 28 inch tire.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A 28" tire will take them down closer to a 4.30 effective ratio.
I agree and I will not blow the tires off every time. I am sick of blowing my tires off,I am so close to that 11 something. I ran a 12.092 , what a tease. I think this combo should do it for me.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I agree and I will not blow the tires off every time. I am sick of blowing my tires off,I am so close to that 11 something. I ran a 12.092 , what a tease. I think this combo should do it for me.
That would be NUTS! I'm assuming this isn't a daily driver?

Not that I'd ever put these in, but I'd sure like to see what you can get out of them!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
You have 3.73s right now, don't you? If so why not try 4.10s first? Or are you thinking "if you are going to go, go all the way" :racer:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have 3.73s right now, don't you? If so why not try 4.10s first? Or are you thinking "if you are going to go, go all the way" :racer:
I do have the 3:73`s now and want to cut my 60`. I will spray at the big end maybe and see what I can do that way.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I do have the 3:73`s now and want to cut my 60`. I will spray at the big end maybe and see what I can do that way.
Can't wait to see what she does with 4.56s! :racer:

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
your trans might need a little extra something. if its going to be shifting that fast with N2O its going to generate a ton of heat.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That will be interesting, i guess your top speed won't be much higher then around 50.:hihi:
Then I will hit the nitrous and maybe hit 60 mph.:gringreen

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
your trans might need a little extra something. if its going to be shifting that fast with N2O its going to generate a ton of heat.
It will be fine.I will hit the nitrous and hang on.:bigthumbsupI lifted my tires on the 12.092 run. What a feeling to do that.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
That's Alot of gear, and here I'm wanting to go down to 3:73's

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's Alot of gear, and here I'm wanting to go down to 3:73's
I know it is ,so I will run a 28 inch tire. I do not know why more NA guys do not run this set up. I need the help in the 60 ft. I can keep my 3:73`s and put them back in if not satisfied. I just will have to have a new tune I am sure.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kids these days! :shigrin
Thanks , I am probably older than you guys.I am 44 in July.Old guys Rule at the track:bigthumbsup.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.