Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really considering selling my car to get a foxbody mustang. I found exactly what i have been looking for, a 92 gt white. It has a 347 stroker, trickflow twisted wedge heads, edelbrock upper and lower intake and alot more. The compression is 11 to 1. If i were to get this car would it be ok to run a supercharger or turbo with that high of compression? He said the build can handle up to 1100 horsepower. Has built tranny as well.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Before believing that it can hold 1100 HP you'll need to identify the block. If it is a stock 5.0 block then it will not hold 1100 hp. 1100 hp would require a 2k+$ block. What tranny? Because it would -not- hold 1100 hp in there either if it was a T-5 with a few upgrades thrown in. 11 to 1 isn't unheard of for boost. I've read where professional engine builders have done as high as 14 to 1 compression in a boosted application. But that also requires excellent quality parts.

Moral of the story, verify what parts are in it. He may be blowing smoke up your a....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sorry buddy, I am floating in the middle of the Indian ocean right now and my ship has craigslist on the banned website list. If you don't mind copy/pasting it here I'll take a peek.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry buddy, I am floating in the middle of the Indian ocean right now and my ship has craigslist on the banned website list. If you don't mind copy/pasting it here I'll take a peek.
Here it is

I have a BEAUTIFUL 92 5.0 mustang I have had the car for about a year now, and absolutly love it and HATE to sell it but I have a baby on the way and we need a bigger place. I'm asking 10,000 for it but money talks but don't be stupid and throw low ball offers I have A LOT of time and money in this car. Here is a list of upgrades I can think of, call or text for pictrures my phone wouldn't upload them ill try to put some on A.S.A.P

ENGINE.
1. Stock 302 block bored blueprinted and balanced to a 347 stroked.
2. trick flow track heat dome pistons.
3. trick flow track heat dome ungraceful twisted wedge aluminum heads.
4.Eldebrock upper and lower performer intake and Plenum.
5. Eldebrock short ram cold air intake.
6. new fuel rails and lines through out whole car.
7. 42lb injectors.
8. 65mm BBK throttle body.
I'm sure there's more.

Tranny.
1. Fresh rebuilt t45 world class upgraded with forged gears.
2. New 10.5 king cobra cough.
3. Ford racing. 28oz balanced steel flywheel.

Brakes.
stop tech brake kit ( stage 2)

BODY.
1 fresh snow white metallic paint.
2 new window seals.
3 new 5.0 emblems
4. 17x10 Cobra SR wheel with new run flat tires less than 1000 miles.
5 new kaneene 3inch cowl Hood.

Audio.
1 pioneer head unit
2 R.F speakers through out the car with a 10 inch sub and a 2000 Watt amp.

like I said I know there's a lot more. but this is by far one of the cleanest 5.0 I have ever seen. come see for your self but unless you put the money in my hand there Will be NO test drives. call or text- three three six-902 two759. ( call or text for pics thanks)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha ha now you want a fox bodylol I recently made the same change and am very glad i did. you wont regret it
Yeah im still flipping back and forth between a fox and a cobra, right now im really leaning towards the fox though

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
1. Stock 302 block bored blueprinted and balanced to a 347 stroked.
Stock block can handle around 500 hp tops before the valley splits. 1100 hp is out of the question, right there.

1. Fresh rebuilt t45 world class upgraded with forged gears.
The T-45 came on 96-99 cobras and had a 325 ft-lb torque inpux max. This compared to the max torque capacity of the T-5's factory 300 ft-lb capacity(Dependant on year). Again, not going to hold 1100 HP(rather, the torque that comes with it.)

It sounds like a nice car but he is def imbellishing on the numbers he's giving you. I'd say more like flat out lying. I wouldn't pay 10 grand for it. I'd rather pay 2k for a clunker and put 8k back into it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If he'd take 5 or 6 I'd consider it. If he genuinely has tfs's, performer intake, cowl hood, and the paint is pristine. The parts, machine work, and body work would be worth that much if you invested in them yourself. But I'd verify -everything- myself. Something dishonest about this one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he said he would take 8250 here is a pic of it, its a great looking car. he said he ran 11.7 on race fuel and 12.2 on pump gas

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
She's a good looking car but he's already lied to you. You don't know how much more he's lied to you about. It's not worth 8250.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he also said the car has not been tuned, but i thought you had to have a tune with a stroker motor

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Tell him 6 is your final offer. Let him know that his information is wrong and that his engine isn't nearly as nice as he claims it to be.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
he said its a new cast iron block as well, im gonna take a look at it just to see if its even worth 6, shouldnt it run bad without a tune?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Whether it is tuned or not makes little difference. The true value would lie in the parts it's got in it.

And it doesn't matter if it's got a brand spankin new stock block. It's still a stock block with stock limitations.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The listing says "no test drives".

I don't think I'd ever buy a car without driving it first. He's probably hiding something.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts