Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo, so ive been tossing around the idea about lowering my 03 v6 and need to get some info. before i decide to order the parts. the car has the stock suspension the tires are 17" but i have the 10.5 in the rear and 9" in the front (Rear 315/35/17) and (Front 275/40/17) i wanna lower the car as low as possible without having tire rub, so whats the most i can lower the car?

also i know i need caster camber plates so whats a good caster camber plates for the front, is there anything i need too do to the rear end of the car? (i wanna do it right so i can get the best alignment possible) ive checked out a few on ebay/american muscle/late model restoration, and all of them seem to be the same minus the pricing.

also how is the overall ride of the car once it is lowered? it seems to be an easy job to install the springs on the car, but what are some of the thing i should excpect and look out for? im gonna do the job myself and i have a lift and a rear-end jack

any info. would be savage..

thanks a bunch, mikey :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Grab some cc plates off of american muscle, many prefer maximum motorsports. The lower you go, the rougher your ride will be. But the first .75" inches dropped you should'nt feel the difference. If you do lower the car without tire rub your gonna have to drop it 1.5 -2 inches

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the same tire and rim size as you and replaced the shocks and struts with some tokicos and I got the H&R sport springs. It lowered it about 1.5 but if I could go back I would've gotten the super sports to lower it an extra .5 there'd extra room to lower it a little more since the wheels are only 17's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts