• Dont tint them.

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah... pretty much my question to all of you. I have sequential tail lights and I have read that when you tint your rear tail lights it kind of takes away the cool look of the sequential lights.
Here is a picture that I found online. Please help me decide what I should do. (By the way my car is the same color)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
donman, I would have reservations about them b/c I think the tint will take away from the sequentials.

Just mho.
Thanks Jeremy1701.... That's what I keep thinking... Its giving me a headache trying to decide.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
No tint, IMO looks better without :yup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
It seems like a bit too much, plus red on black looks pretty nice in the first place. I think you can get pulled over for tinted taillights in California too.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
those were tinted very dark. If you tint them, I wouldn't go nearly that dark. Although, I probably wouldn't tint them if it were my car.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I saw a guy driving along once with really dark tint on his taillights (white S197). It was during the day and when he applied the brakes you could barely see the weak-looking little filaments come on underneath the black tint. Besides dumb looking it definitely wasn’t safe. Don’t know if he lasted long around here with how bad the traffic is (assuming the cops didn’t pop him). On a black car I think the red looks better anyways (too much black with them tinted).

·
Registered
297 Posts
I really like mine tinted, i've followed my car in traffic and the lights are as bright as others.

i prefer the tinted plastic covers because they are removable, the film is pretty tough to install if you have no patience but work fine if you take your time.

the headlight and fog covers are removable too, takes seconds to remove...you can have it both ways.

i do remove the headlight covers for night road trips.

good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
I tinted mine too, with the film though. I got my friend to press the brakes etc, and they look pretty much the same in daylight and nighttime. I like tinted tailights versus the normal, and I don't think it interferes with the sequential tail lights.
Also, mine are just the smoke tint, not blacked out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
While mild tinting looks cool, I think tinting just gives a cop an excuse to stop you.

Then, if he smells that one little beer you had 4 hours ago you are up the creek without a paddle...

In my part of Georgia they will convict you of DUI solely based on what the officer smells, or thinks he smells. Yes, there are tests, but they charge people that pass the tests if they think they smell alcohol. I know that this is difinitely not the law, but this is what they do, and they get away with it...

Don't give them ANY reason to stop you!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
im torn on this i think tint looks good but i like it not tinted so im on the line

·
Registered
85 Posts
I tinted my lights and i think it looks good. I used the $10 spray can and did 2 coats with a wet sand in between coats. You can see that the lights have been tinted but its not very dark give the car a nice smoked out look.

Right after i tinted the lights a cop came up behind me and then started to slowly let me get farther ahead just so he could see how bright my lights were he must have done this till he was at least 15 car lengths back, it must have been bright enough cause he never pulled me over

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well so far I have 6 don't tint them vs 5 yes tint them...

·
Registered
30 Posts
IMO, I was thinking of the doing the very same to my 06gt, it's blk so Ive decided not to cauz the TPD here in Ttown, AL look @ stangs to pull over all the time here. The stangs R triggers' for them to pull over just because your in a stang. I'm not gonna give them another reason but U shouldn't either!
Good Luck:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have had tinted tail lights before and to tell you the truth it was a waste of money it takes away from the car if you ask me

·
Registered
882 Posts
I actually like the pics you posted. I think the best/non economic thing to do is:
Buy a cheap pair of tail lights from ebay, have them tinted.
This way you will keep you factory lights standard and the new ones blacked out. Im probably gonna do that...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have Gts taillight covers...I love the look...but get worried every time a cop is near me.......a cop was right behind me the other day but he turned off

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It seems like a bit too much, plus red on black looks pretty nice in the first place. I think you can get pulled over for tinted taillights in California too.
Thanks but my car isn't black...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts