Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the H&R Super Sports right now and overall im in love with the look of the car but not the ride. If the shocks/struts are adj, does that mean if i go all the way up with them they will make my ride higher than the H&R's? or is this dependent on the springs you get with them? Im about to drive to WA state and i think these would be a good buy but not sure if i should go with a diff spring or save some money. If i were to go with a diff spring it would either be the eibach pro or steeda.

Basically i just want to know if upgrading my shocks/struts will do anything for the ride height of my current springs, like bring the car higher off the ground for this drive..im thinking no and i would need to change the springs. Just need clarification since ive never purchased after market shocks before.

thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Shock lengths can differ in aftermarket applications. High pressure gas charges like what is found in the Bilstein HD could affect height as well. I know if the shock is shorter say in the rear, it can create more rear spring preload but I am not sure if that would affect the height. I would be curious if anyone has taken pictures or measurements. If you want to have control over the height, I would certainly look at the springs before the shocks/struts.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sloppymax, ive done some research and realized i was wrong in what i thought shocks and struts do for a car, id be looking for coil overs to do what i want but eh too much for that lol.

Im been debating in my head if i want the d specs with ultra lites or the Koni STR-T's, lots of people seem to take the STR's and i dont know if thats bc of the price diff between the two as the d specs are about twice the price.

Ugh decisions decisions lol..

I like the idea for the rebound/comp adj with the d specs for a soft or rough ride, do the STR-T's maintain a comfy ride or is it more stiffer than stock?

thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts