Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking about trading in my 07 gt, for a 2011 gt. After seeing the negatives on the board I am now having second thoughts. Someone give me a reason why I should or should not. Payments would stay the same. So its me really thinking twice. I have had no issues with my 07. Arrrggghhh!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Money wise it is not a smart thing to trade in your '07. You will pay way more for the '11, because of what you owe on the '07. The alure of a new 5.0 '11 GT is strong for sure, but you will pay too much in the long term.

·
Registered
71 Posts
New Mustang

You need to go to other message boards like Camaro5 or Corvette forum or Challenger forum, and see the same thing....... I am not discounting problems reported on this forum, BUT....if you went by the screaming and crying at Camaro5 about everything under the sun including the Tremec 6060, paint issues,blown axle shafts, SS cars that couldn't get out of their own way, you would not even consider a Camaro, same for corvette, challenger etc.......AM NOT trying to persuade you either way, just do some research on all purchase possibilities.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
I'll put it in perspective for you. Lets say you got a deal on a mansion for $1000, but you found out the property was hit by a meteor 500 years before the mansion was built. Would you still buy it?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
If its not a problem having payments for another 5 years (or whatever you work out) than go for it. These new 5.0's are one of the best bang for your buck cars that you can buy new.

G

·
0 Posts
I'll put it in perspective for you. Lets say you got a deal on a mansion for $1000, but you found out the property was hit by a meteor 500 years before the mansion was built. Would you still buy it?
That is the strangest metaphor I have ever heard. Some meteors are EXTREMELY valuable(thousands of dollars per ounce) depending on content and age.
On the other hand, some can be toxic and contaminate the ground and surrounding water.

What was the original point?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Absolutely not. It could be radioactive!

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
That is the strangest metaphor I have ever heard. Some meteors are EXTREMELY valuable(thousands of dollars per ounce) depending on content and age.
On the other hand, some can be toxic and contaminate the ground and surrounding water.

What was the original point?
The OP is worried about Mustang negatives from this board. So it's a ridiculous comparison betwen meteors and Mustang negatives. In other words Mustang negatives are about as frequent as 500 year meteors.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I'm having similar thoughts, possibly trading in my 2011 3.7L for a 2012 5.0L. But I'm not sure I want to roll the dice considering I have a perfectly running 3.7L. The V6's have problems too, but it seems the 5.0L V8s have a lot more.

These are two of the biggest:
More MT-82 issues - rough shifting, transmission whine etc.
Oil guzzling

Ford sells more V6's, yet the V8's seem to have two or three times as many unhappy owners on this forum. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that is my perception. I have no doubt that if you get a good 5.0L, its very good, but with my luck I'd trade a perfectly good performing V6 for an oil guzzling drivetrain misaligned whiner......

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
So I am thinking about trading in my 07 gt, for a 2011 gt. After seeing the negatives on the board I am now having second thoughts. Someone give me a reason why I should or should not. Payments would stay the same. So its me really thinking twice. I have had no issues with my 07. Arrrggghhh!
If you get another Automatic you will be Happy. I had a good 07 GT and now I have a Bad Ass 11 GT.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Money wise it is not a smart thing to trade in your '07. You will pay way more for the '11, because of what you owe on the '07. The alure of a new 5.0 '11 GT is strong for sure, but you will pay too much in the long term.
thats not necessarily true. I traded in my 2007 GT with 97K miles and the dealership gave me $15,800 trade in on it. I picked up a 2012 GT.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the feedback. I think if the dealership can get closer to my goal payment I will do it but they are jerking me around on my trade. So I guess I will wait it out.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I can't believe how easily people are swayed by the Mustang-bashers of the board.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I can't believe how easily people are swayed by the Mustang-bashers of the board.
To tell you the truth I can't remember ever seeing a Mustang basher on these forums. There are people upset about how Ford is handling and ability to rectify some of the problems but posters universally love the cars.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
No bashers... at least not the numbers that would suggest any serious issue aside form other typical first run cars.

It bahaves perfectly.. .especiallyl if you learn how to use the clutch. I'd recomend to anyone, while understanding, they did cut some corners....it's a Ford. But for less than 40k, what could you expect.??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Also, this is a forum and people are much more likely to come here posting about problems looking for solutions. Just keep that in mind as you assess all these negatives you speak of.

·
Registered
185 Posts

Or to put it another way, lets say you owned a dog, and it is the biggest meanest dog on the block. However, in the past, lets say you found out this dog used to be a puppy and was the runt of the litter and got picked on by other puppies. The question is, depending on the breed of the dog, would you still buy the dog, or stick with the ferret?

THAT, my friend, is what buying a mustang is like. Hope this helped!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought a Challenger RT because I was concerned enough not to take a chance on getting a bad one. Yes, I drove one and it didnt shift as good as a 6 year old GT with a TR3650. Im not a basher at all. In fact I like the Mustang better. There is no fix and Im concerned the bean counters are running the show now at Ford and there may never be a fix.

I like the Challenger but its no Mustang performance wise. Its not even close. I love everything about the new Mustangs and I almost bought an automatic but knew it was just not for me. If Ford would have pulled their heads out of their asses and communicated I would have sit tight. I dont expect perfection but way too many of these transmissions are either failing or giving some sort of trouble. I still hang out on Mustang forums and read because that is where my heart is at but not my money.

I have owned three Mustangs in a row. Mustangs sales are way off and I believe this is part of the reason. People have all but begged them for some official statement and they have said nothing. As much time has passed by that I think the bean counters are just going to let it ride.

My confidence was severely shaken. IM a Ford man at heart and have been for 30 years. This is not my first rodeo. This is going to end up costing them more than Mustangs. No body is perfect but man we are a forgiving people if they would just own up to some issues and communicate. There would not be a Dodge in my drive right now. I have said this more than once but this so reminds me of the 99 Cobra fiasco. Somethings never change I guess and I thought they had. Mustangers are not the average buyer. They remember these things. My 06 GT by the way was a near perfect car. Only had to put an alternator on it.

Each person has to make up their own minds on what to do. I felt like a Mustang right this moment was a way bigger roll of the dice. I do hope things work out for everybody with problems. If they would man up and fix these things I would probably make a bee line to my Ford dealer and take a God awful beating on my Chally to get one.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
The Challenger caught my eye too... I have easy access to one as a close friend bought one. Peppy, damn good looking, and a nicely laid out interior but um, did you read Consumer Reports ratings of that car compared to Mustang? Call me crazy but I put more faith in the CR data than the negative info I read here, especially since one group is merely collecting data from it's members whereas the other group clearly has an axe to grind with a few members jumping into the fray every third or fourth post to be sure the frenzy doesn't die down.

PS Anyone who doesn't see Mustang bashing on this board daily... are you reading the same board I am? :blink:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.