155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's what the bottom end is gonna be..tell me what you think of it
World production "man o War" 302 cast iron block
Probe industry forged blower rotating assembly
Cloyes timing gear drive
Moroso 7 quart mustang oil pan with baffles, high volume pump
Comp cams blower cam (hydrolic roller)
Crane cam bar linked (hydrolic roller lifter)
AFR ported 185cc intake runner
AFR aluminum heads

that's it so far...would run me about 9500$ just for the bottom end..i'll more parts
like flyweel, damper...etc..etc..
strong set up or what?

·
Registered
721 Posts
That'll git er done . . . but why stick with a 302? With that World block, you can go up to a 385 (but I don't think I'd go more than 347). Inches = HP and TQ.

Believe me . . . when you try and squeeze huge horsepower out of a 302 (or a 306 in my case) . . . things can go wrong quickly . . . and nothing to do with your bottom end.

If I had it to do over again, I would opt for more displacement . . a LOT more.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
truuble said:
That'll git er done . . . but why stick with a 302? With that World block, you can go up to a 385 (but I don't think I'd go more than 347). Inches = HP and TQ.

Believe me . . . when you try and squeeze huge horsepower out of a 302 (or a 306 in my case) . . . things can go wrong quickly . . . and nothing to do with your bottom end.

If I had it to do over again, I would opt for more displacement . . a LOT more.
hehe..sorry..it's a
4 inch bores, 4 bolt mains caps on all 5 caps, will yeild me to a 347 cubic inch

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey pay no attention if you already knew this but i don't want you to try to stuff big pistions in small cylinders- even though its a new block you have to bore .030 over. a 4.000in bore will not give you 347cid. if you bought a 347 kit you won't be able to install it. good luck (good choice on heads by the way) Also just a thought but check out Canton racing oil pans. REAL NICE all hand made, quality is AWESOME and don't forget to get a matching pickup with that pump.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wish i would have gone with a 347 to build up as well... always more days though, but i was wondering if that canton company had an internet site or anyway to check out their products? thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it's done...everything is on order...:thumbsup
i know i won't get it all done by summer time but i will keep on working on it and install it next summer...

now what to do with my currant 302 hmmm.....blow it up maybe...:evillol:

·
Registered
721 Posts
MOFU said:
well it's done...everything is on order...:thumbsup
i know i won't get it all done by summer time but i will keep on working on it and install it next summer...

now what to do with my currant 302 hmmm.....blow it up maybe...:evillol:
Good Luck, Brotherman!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.