Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 2004 Mustang 40th Anniversary at a car dealership in my city for about $11,000. It has about 61,000 miles. 5 speed manual.

Im really thinking of trading in my car and getting it but insurance poses a big problem......I'm 18 and a car like this would cost an arm and a leg for me for just liability.Is there anyway to get it and find a way around it so that insurance wouldn't cost so much?

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
you cannot get around the high costs of insurance liability. the only thing you can do to keep your rates low is to set high deductibles on your comp and collision.

I am 19 soon to be 20, have 3 pts on my liscence, with 1,000 collision deductible, 500 comp, and all the PIP coverage. i pay $4,400 a year in insurance alone for my 2007 GT vert.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well you should definately call and just see what exactly they are going to charge you, if you have a good record then it might not be to terribly bad it is also good that its a v6, which they will see when they pull up the serial number, so hopefully it wont be too bad. but i hope you can end up getting it man it would definately be worth it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you should definately call and just see what exactly they are going to charge you, if you have a good record then it might not be to terribly bad it is also good that its a v6, which they will see when they pull up the serial number, so hopefully it wont be too bad. but i hope you can end up getting it man it would definately be worth it.

Thing is I'm 18, I do have a good record but I'm 18. I'm already paying $150 a month for a 1993 Colt. Imagine what it would be for a 2004 Red Mustang V6?

$150 is bad enough for me right now.

·
Registered
461 Posts
man im 16 and im only payin 114 for a 96 mustang v6 looks like you need to look around

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm 20 (almost 21 yay insurance break!) I pay $50/month liability with just an accident on my record (at fault and not in my stang :)). Might help that I have USAA, good student discount, and live in a relatively low crime city.

·
Registered
80 Posts
because your only 18 you should try to stay under your parents insurance when i was under my mom i only payed 75 every two months and make sure you invest in a radar detector they work great n help keep points off ur record

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hey man...I own a 2004 40th anniversary Stang...v6 with a 5 speed. But I Modded It up pretty good.
I just turned 21 and pay $105 a month before I was 21.....Now I havent seen the Latest bill yet but I get a break because Im 21 now.
But I am threw STATE FARM with FULL COVERAGE.
I have one speeding ticket going 20 over still stayed $105 for me.

It all really depends on who you go threw and What Insurance company has the best price for you...18 years old or not...The ages 18 to 20 are gonna be about the same.
When they see that your car is a v6 Mustang they'll let it fly a lil because theres not all that power a v8 holds.
FIND the best Insurance company, See there Rates, and go from there. HAVE FUN and I hope you look around for a better Company. $150 is kinda high....I had Companys trying to charge me $270 or more a MONTH till STATE FARM gave me a Break and gave me $105 ha ha so Im doing great....Now mine is even LOWER!!!

ps....GET THAT STANG dont let it sit there :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey man...I own a 2004 40th anniversary Stang...v6 with a 5 speed. But I Modded It up pretty good.
I just turned 21 and pay $105 a month before I was 21.....Now I havent seen the Latest bill yet but I get a break because Im 21 now.
But I am threw STATE FARM with FULL COVERAGE.
I have one speeding ticket going 20 over still stayed $105 for me.

It all really depends on who you go threw and What Insurance company has the best price for you...18 years old or not...The ages 18 to 20 are gonna be about the same.
When they see that your car is a v6 Mustang they'll let it fly a lil because theres not all that power a v8 holds.
FIND the best Insurance company, See there Rates, and go from there. HAVE FUN and I hope you look around for a better Company. $150 is kinda high....I had Companys trying to charge me $270 or more a MONTH till STATE FARM gave me a Break and gave me $105 ha ha so Im doing great....Now mine is even LOWER!!!

ps....GET THAT STANG dont let it sit there :bigthumbsup
Man where I live must be a bad place for insurance because im paying $150 for a 4cyl Colt. The place im at now was the cheapest I could find.State Farm wanted to charge me much more!
Sucks for me.lol.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You think thats bad? I almost bought an 04 GT today. The problem? Not the car payment, the insurance. I shopped around and the cheapest was $275 a month, more than my car payment would be. I'll drive a six, more than likely, til I'm 25. I'm 21 now...

·
Registered
637 Posts
I dont know what to tell ya......I can buy a 2003 Cobra right now and have to only pay $ 140 a month for that lol.
But I fell in love with my v6 and have done a lot to it so I dont want to see somthing I put a lot in to go. v6 or not (Im lovin it) like Mcdonalds HA HA HA

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah, you'll want to speak to your insurance rep first before you jump on anything. Insurance is a real b!tch. I have something like 16 points on my license, mainly because of an "at fault" accident and some speeding tickets from 2 years ago. The insurance on my 99 V6 is roughly $230 per month. Throw in a car payment on top of that and I am dropping almost $500 a month just to have this damn car. Keep your deductables high. (Heaven forbid you'd ever have to pay them should be in an accident.) Buy a radar detector. I should have gotten one YEARS ago back when I had my P71. It would have saved me a lot of money and not to mention, most the points on my driving record. I can honestly say it was the best $40 I ever spent. I'm 22 right now. Another 3 years and my insurance will drop because I'll be 25. Perhaps I'll be married by then too that'll drop it even more. (We'll see. Women are so unpredicatble and have alterior motives these days, but that's another discussion all together.) And all these damn tickets and the accident will be cleared by then too. I am actually counting the days. In short, do the research before you jump on it and then kick yourself in the teeth later.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Definately shop around, and before you change companies, talk to the one you have now. When I was 20(that was 13 years ago) I bought a brand new 95 GT. My insurance company quoted me like $225 a month. I shoped around and went to my insurance company and told them that I was going to switch because thier price was way to high. Low and behold, they came up with a new quote of $110 a month. :shiny:

Hey it gets better as you get older. I am now 33 and married, and pay $90 bucks a month for Full Coverage on my 2000 Mustang V6 Vert, and my wife 2002 Explorer 4x4. Ans that's with 2 accidents on my record, oh and my wife has a speeding ticket like 20 over the limit. My insurance went up after her ticket and I did the same thing, told them I was going to switch, and they came up ith some more discounts.:bigthumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.