Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im really in the need for a job and came across an ad in the paper for people needed to deliver news papers in the morning locally for just a couple of hours every morning for $200-$300 a week. My car wouldn't be considered very quiet, but anyone think its a bad idea to use a 5.0 for this?

·
Banned
480 Posts
Apart from terrible gas mileage, I don't see why not. Long as it's reliable and you can foot the gas bill.

You could also look at it this way. Take the job, use your car, but continue looking for jobs. Once a new one pops up, leave the paper route ASAP. At least this way you'll have some money in your pocket.

·
Registered
575 Posts
you're gunna burn half the money you earn on gas, so i wouldnt suggest it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You could drive a bike like most paper routes do lol. 1 dollar is better than 0 so even if you spend 100 bucks a week on gas you'll still be making money, I would say go for it!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
you're gunna burn half the money you earn on gas, so i wouldnt suggest it.
+1..... The stop and go is gonna kill the gas mileage. By the end of the week the check is gone in gas.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand its gonna kill me on gas but i used to have to drive 27 miles to school and 27 miles from school everyday in stop and go traffic. It sucked! but im sure just cruising down some streets real slow couldn't be any worse, as long as i get some sort of income :bigthumbsup And i put in the application today and it asked for odometer mileage, 63,536. Even though its actually 163,536 lol. If they ask then ill really tell them that it really has 160,000+ but the motor only has about 20,000 miles on it which is all true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts