Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 v6 stang and I am thinking about this setup. 40 series flowmasters, h-pipe, MAC cai, MAC shorty headers .... Anyone out there that can tell me what ill gain vs. loss?? I know i like the way it sounds heard a clip of it.:eyebulge:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
99'StangTx said:
I have a 99 v6 stang and I am thinking about this setup. 40 series flowmasters, h-pipe, MAC cai, MAC shorty headers .... Anyone out there that can tell me what ill gain vs. loss?? I know i like the way it sounds heard a clip of it.:eyebulge:
With regards to the MAC CAI, it's only a little better than a drop in filter .

The headers won't do anything for you, and you may LOSE hp on an otherwise stock system.

THe dual exhaust (if kept within reason) will get you 12-16 hp. the gain from the CAI is offset by the headers, so optimistically, you should net 13-17 hp.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if i Drop the headers how different will they sound from when i heard the clip of sound. And Either way i go am i going to lose tourqe ?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
99'StangTx said:
So if i Drop the headers how different will they sound from when i heard the clip of sound. And Either way i go am i going to lose tourqe ?
Headers don't affect sound as much as mufflers, or resonators. The farther upstream you go, the less the effect.

You won't lose much torque on a system designed for the 6.

If you ARE going to get N20, headers yould benefit you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then maybe i should consider the headers then.. i will Probably spray if i really am going to need the power, if not i guess wht matters if i lose a little bit of power if im not using it at present. So your saying they will benifit even if im only spraying a 50 or 75 shot?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
99'StangTx said:
Then maybe i should consider the headers then.. i will Probably spray if i really am going to need the power, if not i guess wht matters if i lose a little bit of power if im not using it at present. So your saying they will benifit even if im only spraying a 50 or 75 shot?
yeah, totally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.