Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like the title stated this is my very first domestic vehicle, and why not start by restoring this one, its not too much work, but hey everyone starts somewhere. Anyhow I purchased this car and just wondering what do I need to purchase to restore it besides the obvious which is the hood, fenders and bumper. I would like to know for the engine bay area and I also was doing some parts browsing and the bumper isnt like an import its sold in different pieces .. so If anyone could list please the necessary parts to restore the car I would really appreciate it.. and a website where I may be able to order the parts.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres just so many parts..

someone help.. what does it look like though as far as parts, what needs to be replaced. I ve tried to look for parts and its hard to tell

·
Registered
314 Posts
Your mustang work

Well it looks like you have front end damage on the drivers side. Hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like you need the following

Drivers inner front frame rail
Drivers outer front frame rail
Maybe Drivers side shock tower
Drivers side fender apron (between shock tower and radiator support)
Radiator support

I have documented replacement of all these parts on myweb site...take a look it may help.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/d.linebar/stang/

Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dlinebar said:
Well it looks like you have front end damage on the drivers side. Hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like you need the following

Drivers inner front frame rail
Drivers outer front frame rail
Maybe Drivers side shock tower
Drivers side fender apron (between shock tower and radiator support)
Radiator support

I have documented replacement of all these parts on myweb site...take a look it may help.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/d.linebar/stang/

Good Luck!
Thank you so much! Like I said any kind of input on what might I need to replace is greatly appreciated like I said there are so many parts for these domestic cars its crazy, if it was an import it would have just been the fender and to pull out the frame.. but really I dont just want to pull it out i would like to restore it. If you or anyone else sees anything I would really really really appreciate any input.. Thank you so much

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
67StangImport said:
Thank you so much! Like I said any kind of input on what might I need to replace is greatly appreciated like I said there are so many parts for these domestic cars its crazy, if it was an import it would have just been the fender and to pull out the frame.. but really I dont just want to pull it out i would like to restore it. If you or anyone else sees anything I would really really really appreciate any input.. Thank you so much

you REALLY need to put together a plan.

1st get the car running, then tackle 1 section at a time, and figure out what you need before going in. Otherwise you'll end up with a parts car, and a whole lot of parts.

I picked up someone else's mess with my 68 for $1750, and it wasn't really much work at all. The guy didn't have a plan, and got frustrated -Then let it all go for a song, when he was almost done.

A year later, someone from Chicago offered me $12000 for the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx

Ya your right, thanx...I just ask about the car cause I really dont know all the parts that I need to fix it, there are so many support bars and brackets its much more complicated than an import..

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
67StangImport said:
Ya your right, thanx...I just ask about the car cause I really dont know all the parts that I need to fix it, there are so many support bars and brackets its much more complicated than an import..

You've gotta be kidding me, right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.