1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
- Call it a dirt magnet

- Claim the deathly heat from its super sun-ray attracting abilities

- Claim it's only a neutral color

- Think of it as a sign of death...

... I don't give 2 sh!ts, when its at the top of its game, ain't nothin' beating it :yelpleased:

And hells yeah, spring.is.here :myhappydance:

AND before anyone asks, it was all using Meguriars products (Wash, Clay, Polish, Gold Wax and Hot reemz and strangely, a wheel cleaner that leaves a matte finish and NOT wet / shine / bling)

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
Nice. I washed and waxed mine last weekend and managed to keep it looking that good for 3 whole days, then it rained and I forgot to put it in the garage. Gotta do it again this weekend 'cause when it's good, it's reeaallly good. Nothing turns heads like a freshly waxed black mustang. I use Meguiar's inside and out on mine too.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Hell yeah, you are 100% right....
By the way I also use Maguiar´s products. It takes a lot of time (mine is all black) but the result is just amazing.

The only thing is I just need to drive for a day and I could start it all over again.....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Hood Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Joel

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Even though mine is Redfire I have had 2 cars and 2 Broncos that were black. When its right you can't beat black

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
car looks great, another black one here but mine is in need of some fresh wax right now.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Get something in the background reflecting off the paint. Bright colored things are great. Look, a dandelion!

The black paint is actually made of tiny black holes that absorb light completely. Then the black holes are clear coated to make them shiny!

My car is actually made of smoke and mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I take "sign of death" as a complement. Sounds badazz

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Looks great! I've had two black cars and you're right, when they are freshly clean, there's nothing like it.

G

·
i have 3 cars 2 are black and the metallic gun metal gray comaro is in the shed with a cover on it.. Im pretty sure every car ive owned has been black, and it cant be beat when its clean!!!!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
My Ford Excursion is one of the biggest Black vehichles on the road today and all I use is Mcguires. It sure turns heads.You can see your self in it.Sometime I wish my Stang was black.All of my other Fords are.The yellow and all the black around does look cool in the driveway.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
They even look great on a cloudy day:shiny:

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wish I could keep mine that shiny! With the weather here in Houston, you can't keep up! Like today, it stormed, had tornado watch and everything, now its blue skys! This is within 2 hrs!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Thats right once u go black ya never come back!!
Cleveland: "Hey baby, how'd you like to go black and then have to make a difficult decision regarding whether or not to go back?"
Chick in bar: "Sorry, I went burnt sienna and never went back."
Crayola Crayon: "Ready baby? Who's this clown."

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cleveland: "Hey baby, how'd you like to go black and then have to make a difficult decision regarding whether or not to go back?"
Chick in bar: "Sorry, I went burnt sienna and never went back."
Crayola Crayon: "Ready baby? Who's this clown."
Haha, I can hear his voice in my head saying it! Have you seen the guy who does his voice? Doesn't look like it would come from him!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I agree. No color looks better than black when clean.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Get something in the background reflecting off the paint. Bright colored things are great. Look, a dandelion!

The black paint is actually made of tiny black holes that absorb light completely. Then the black holes are clear coated to make them shiny!

My car is actually made of smoke and mirrors.
Here is another picture with the house in the background, the larger picture is a crystal clear, mirror reflection of my house!

Like glass Daryle... like glass.

:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup
Thanks Snackmaster. Took over 8 hours of blood, sweat and tears and was completely worth it. I can't think of one single aesthetic modification that would've make as significant an impact as doing a total detail job. The clearer the paint and coat, the more refined the sun refractions are, almost pinpoints compared to large glaring globs. Like you said, glass my man ;)

By the way, I didn't take before pictures but you can see the pictures in my gallery. That's my car after it was dealer detailed. I'm also attaching a picture of the car covered in wax. The best part is peeling off the wax a section at a time. Like going from a cocoon to a butterfly!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.