1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
558 Posts
shiny!!!!!!!!!!! and expensive!!!!!!!!!!
:hihi:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would not say that they do nothing. They do nothing for cars lightly modded. I would think it would help a lot with a car that has a good amount of mods. Besides I stated that it was nice looking which it is. On my 12 second car at 5600 elevation it would help. Not saying I WOULD buy it . It would just be nice looking under the hood. Just curious is your name ****?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I would not say that they do nothing. They do nothing for cars lightly modded. I would think it would help a lot with a car that has a good amount of mods. Besides I stated that it was nice looking which it is. On my 12 second car at 5600 elevation it would help. Not saying I WOULD buy it . It would just be nice looking under the hood. Just curious is your name ****?
What the hell man? I didn't mean any harm in my post, I just thought you were being sarcastic or something... :weeps

Stl, travelers, and many other members have said TBs serve a better purpose as a paperweight than anything else.

I am aware that they help out a lot for heavily modded cars. Especially in F/I! I know nothing about this new Ford throttle body, and my previous post was meant to pose a question as to why this one is better than all the rest? :embarrassed

And I agree, it does look very nice.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shiny!!!!!!!!!!! and expensive!!!!!!!!!!
:hihi:
Yes it is expensive, for sure. What is not, on these cars though. I know Matt Da SILVA just bought one. When you got big bucks you can get the shiny parts that look cool I guess.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Yes it is expensive, for sure. What is not, on these cars though. I know Matt Da SILVA just bought one. When you got big bucks you can get the shiny parts that look cool I guess.
So, is there anything special about this one besides the looks and price, when compared with another TB? :headscratch:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, is there anything special about this one besides the looks and price, when compared with another TB? :headscratch:
Well all that and it does say Ford Racing on the thing. It is just a really nice looking piece. While you would be lucky to gain 10 RWHP with it. I do like it, just not the price. If it was maybe 200.00 bucks, I could see adding a little engine dress up to it.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep that's nice but the price is a little steep.
I can not believe how high the price is on it.WTF It is not sterling silver.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Well all that and it does say Ford Racing on the thing. It is just a really nice looking piece. While you would be lucky to gain 10 RWHP with it. I do like it, just not the price. If it was maybe 200.00 bucks, I could see adding a little engine dress up to it.
Seriously! :rolleyes:

Maybe there's more to this than meets the eye? It's gotten some more hype on here before, but no one knows much about it... Hmm... :scratchchin

And I definitely think you could gain maybe 20 - 30 rwhp on a centrifugal blower! Over stock TB at least.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Ooo, shiny! :bigthumbsup Looks nice, too bad it isn't about 1/3 of the price.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Yep, looks like my twin 75mm throttle body! Just smaller!:gringreen

If you can flow the air it will definetly be a big benefit! On a stock motor.....not so much.

You need cams and engine work to make it truely worth while on a N/A motor, well that or F/I.

(Oh and it's throttle body "spacers" that are big paperweights!;))

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, looks like my twin 75mm throttle body! Just smaller!:gringreen

If you can flow the air it will definetly be a big benefit! On a stock motor.....not so much.

You need cams and engine work to make it truely worth while on a N/A motor, well that or F/I.

(Oh and it's throttle body "spacers" that are big paperweights!;))
Yea... and expensive paperweights. I would want more engine mods before I would get one. I am just liking the look of the TB a lot. Wonder if it would help out much when spraying nitrous on my car?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Yea... and expensive paperweights. I would want more engine mods before I would get one. I am just liking the look of the TB a lot. Wonder if it would help out much when spraying nitrous on my car?

I think you should get it and find out. :gringreen

Really though I don't think it would help that much since oxygen is created by atomization after it enters the throttle body by mixing with the fuel.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I have one on order to replace my failed GT500 setup. It should be here Tuesday.
That Vortec should like that throttle body!:gringreen

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.