Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday we were dealing with our salesman for a '11 V6 vert that was on a different lot and they were going to trade for it. As we were finishing up, someone on the other lot was trying to work a deal for the same car. So we thought we had lost that one and would have to start looking again.

This afternoon my salesman called me on my cell and he had our car for us. It turned out the other party's credit wasn't as good as needed and they ended up buying a cheaper Mustang.

So the dealer is going to go over the car, check everything, detail it, and gas it up. We're picking it up Thursday as that works best for all of us. I hope my wife likes her birthday present. :handkiss :iloveyou:happybirthdaycandle

·
Registered
603 Posts
Go for the GT FOR THE MONEY ITS ALOT BETTER

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my '69 Mach 1 with a built 351W/ 4 spd toploader and we had a '85 5.0 w/Holley and a 5 spd. This is my wife's car and I said I wanted the Nav and HID. If I was buying me a 'stang it would be a stripped down GT coupe with all the go fast goodies, 6 spd manual and 3.73s, and Brembos.

·
Registered
330 Posts
... This is my wife's car and I said I wanted the Nav and HID. If I was buying me a 'stang it would be a stripped down GT coupe with all the go fast goodies, 6 spd manual and 3.73s, and Brembos.

Good answer. I know my wife wouldn't want her car any other way than how she's ordered hers. I built mine similarly but it reflects more of my passion, esp the "go Fast" part. Hers is for cruisin', mine is for fly-byes....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congrats, good snag. Dont let the V6 haters get you down, its not a womans car anymore. Even though.... a woman will be driving that one :laughlitt

·
Registered
648 Posts
Saturday we were dealing with our salesman for a '11 V6 vert that was on a different lot and they were going to trade for it. As we were finishing up, someone on the other lot was trying to work a deal for the same car. So we thought we had lost that one and would have to start looking again.

This afternoon my salesman called me on my cell and he had our car for us. It turned out the other party's credit wasn't as good as needed and they ended up buying a cheaper Mustang.

So the dealer is going to go over the car, check everything, detail it, and gas it up. We're picking it up Thursday as that works best for all of us. I hope my wife likes her birthday present.
Did you get it? Need a writeup on it.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Some people don't need a GT to be happy...

Congrats to you and your wife on the new car, Red Horse! :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update, We picked up the car Thursday night. My wife loves it but Friday on the way to work some big bird dropped a huge poop on it. Our new 'vert is great but there's a steep learning curve for the EP so we need to play with it for a while. Here's what she got. it has the 202a Pony Package too.

2011 MODEL YEAR
KONA BLUE METALLIC
CHAR BLACK TURNED MINI LEATHER
.3.7L 4V TI-VCT V6
6-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION
.P235/50R18 A/S TIRE
ELECTRONICS PACKAGE
DUAL ZONE ELEC A/C
FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS SYSTEM
SECURITY PACKAGE
.ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM
.WHEEL LOCKING KIT
HID HEADLAMPS
COMFORT PACKAGE
CONVERTIBLE BOOT COVER
SATIN BLACK TAPE STRIPE
VINYL CONVERTIBLE ROOF
.BLACK

This weekend I have to start cleaning out 25 years of junk from the garage and get ther old 'tilt up' door replaced with a roll up one so her 'stang has a place to sleep. :kooky:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do you even own either one?

The v6 and v8 have different places in the market. Not every one wants a GT. People have different needs.

If i was buying a brand new high horse muscle car it would have been a 5th gen Camaro with the ls2, much more aftermarket support for the ls motors.

But i didnt get my new car to race or for the big horsepower. I got it because it was the best car that fit what i wanted it to do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats, glad it all worked out.
:)
And thank you for the info via PMs, if we were in Vegas, we'd be talking to you. :wavey

·
Registered
231 Posts
My GT came this week, but i drove a V6 2 weeks ago. Wow what a nice car, well done! 300 HP, what more could you ask for? Ronn

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do you even own either one?

The v6 and v8 have different places in the market. Not every one wants a GT. People have different needs.

If i was buying a brand new high horse muscle car it would have been a 5th gen Camaro with the ls2, much more aftermarket support for the ls motors.

But i didnt get my new car to race or for the big horsepower. I got it because it was the best car that fit what i wanted it to do.
My thoughts exactly :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome, congrats on your new car. Thanks for sharing

Update, We picked up the car Thursday night. My wife loves it but Friday on the way to work some big bird dropped a huge poop on it. Our new 'vert is great but there's a steep learning curve for the EP so we need to play with it for a while. Here's what she got. it has the 202a Pony Package too.

2011 MODEL YEAR
KONA BLUE METALLIC
CHAR BLACK TURNED MINI LEATHER
.3.7L 4V TI-VCT V6
6-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION
.P235/50R18 A/S TIRE
ELECTRONICS PACKAGE
DUAL ZONE ELEC A/C
FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS SYSTEM
SECURITY PACKAGE
.ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM
.WHEEL LOCKING KIT
HID HEADLAMPS
COMFORT PACKAGE
CONVERTIBLE BOOT COVER
SATIN BLACK TAPE STRIPE
VINYL CONVERTIBLE ROOF
.BLACK

This weekend I have to start cleaning out 25 years of junk from the garage and get ther old 'tilt up' door replaced with a roll up one so her 'stang has a place to sleep. :kooky:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.