Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think N/a v6 mustangs can benefit from these ? i know it wont be as much as boosted mustangs but for the price i wouldn't mind paying for a good hp bump

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do you think N/a v6 mustangs can benefit from these ? i know it wont be as much as boosted mustangs but for the price i wouldn't mind paying for a good hp bump
i dont think so ur talking about the meth injection right? maybe alcohol injection but not meth

·
Registered
935 Posts
You can get a far more aggressive tune that'll bump timing into advances that'd otherwise knock the hell out of the NA 3.7L. True for any engine.
So yes, you absolutely can get power from a meth-water injection kit.
Just not going to get a whole lot of power from it. Better money spent elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
you may be able to squeeze 10hp or so...not worth the money NA

J

·
0 Posts
So alcohol is OK but methonol is bad. Gotcha ;)

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
510 Posts
i dont think so ur talking about the meth injection right? maybe alcohol injection but not meth
methanol injection is alcohol injection.

yes you can make some power out of methanol injection N/A but it is better used on higher HP FI motors. Your not going to get that much out of it N/A

I ran a methanol injection system on my turbo'd M3.
On 110 octane leaded fuel it boosted WHP from 594 to 674 RWHP

Attachments

·
Registered
949 Posts
If you already have an exhaust,tune,gears,cai, and other RELATIVELY inexpensive mods I do not think 450 bucks for another 10 or 15 horsepower is too bad if you are staying NA. You could probably creep up on 375 flywheel HP for much less than a supercharger plus installation costs. I say get 10 horsepower or so wherever you can get it as long as the price is ok.Under 500 bucks. Hell, add a throttlebody and a new intake, if anybody ever makes one,and lets get to 400 HP! Ha!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The gains dont add up so progressively like that. Although I'm inclined to think I'm at 340 flywheel hp with the mods I have by the way my car pulls now.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I know you can't stack up numbers like that but with all conceivable bolt on parts available now we should be able to approach 375 at the flywheel without boost. Someone will get there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts