Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered new TB & Plenum.... Wondering peoples thoughts on the spacers you can get for between the Plenum & intake?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Alot of people don't like them and think they're a waste of money, but I like the idea behind them so I purchase a intake spacer which I will be installing tom. I'll let you know what I think about it. For now hang tight I'll leave you another feedback tom. night.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Aftermarket, non-stock, plenums (Accufab, BBK, C&L, etc.) are already higher than the stock plenum and incorporate a smoother internal radius from TB to mounting base, negating the need for an additional spacer.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
There are very minimal gains in horsepower with spacers. Your money would be better spent elsewhere.

·
Registered
45 Posts
well I installed my plenum, throttle body, and spacer today! because of this post I put the plenum and throttle body in first w/o spacer then I tryed it w/spacer. It doesn't make a huge difference to were you can really feal it, but w/the spacer you can kind of feel a little more kick in 5th gear at highway speeds, then the aftermarket plenumand TB. either way I only spent $20 for my intake spacer so it wasn't a huge loss, I like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.