Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about removing the factory white rocker stripes (is this hard?) adding the matte black boss hood decal, blank matte black boss C side decals (removing tri bar emblem and installing over the decal) I think this might look cool.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I like the boss stripes but now that Ford has the Boss out you will get a lot of people giving you hell for trying to be a "poser" if you have those stripes on your V6 car.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the boss stripes but now that Ford has the Boss out you will get a lot of people giving you hell for trying to be a "poser" if you have those stripes on your V6 car.
Even if they are the blank ones? Not the ones that say "boss 302"

·
Registered
36 Posts
I say go for it. Matte black on black paint looks bad ass. Who cares if some d bag says it's being a poser, if it looks good and you like it, it's your car. Obviously I would go with the blank one or some lettering other than Boss 302.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Here is the side stripe style I purchased:
http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo180/fryblade/EBAY/506Rclose.jpg
Mine is 305R in matte black and got matte black hood spears so when you look from the side it kinda looks like the old school boss stripes :) I love it!

When people ask me what does the 305R mean I say it means it's 305HP at the crank and a custom ride and they do a drop jaw lol.

Boss 227 would be bad ass. And you wouldn't get hit as hard with the poser remarks lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine is 305R in matte black and got matte black hood spears so when you look from the side it kinda looks like the old school boss stripes :) I love it!

When people ask me what does the 305R mean I say it means it's 305HP at the crank and a custom ride and they do a drop jaw lol.

Boss 227 would be bad ass. And you wouldn't get hit as hard with the poser remarks lol.
Right after I posted that popped into my head, Boss 227 or just 227.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yea im not worried about being called a poser. I dont go to car shows or anything, if I get the blank C side stripe would it be hard to take off and resecure my tri bar emblems?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Removing the rocker stripes is easy, if its hot outside just pick a corner and peel off, residue cleanup use either 3M adhesive remove or Turtle w8 brand adhesive remover. I like the tri-bar pony emblems so I would leave them and put the matte black Boss style stripes around them!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I removed my tape stripes the night I brought the car home. 1000x better! I've been considering some matte black stripes and decals, just don't know which ones. Leaning toward hood spears and deck lid.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
^That would be too much for me. I'd go more subtle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts