Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cancelled my GT order. ( built 5/4 )
My dealer found a Race Red Shelby/SVT/tape deleat. Bought it. Will drive it tomorrow.:D
Hope the rest of you get your cars soon.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Still holding my breath my Ralph, my engineer contact at IAA, AKA The Mustang Plant, told me my car will be on the rail come Friday, and that it will take ten days to get the cars down to KC. I'm going to have my cars in time for the 4th of July, once the stripes and tinting are put on......Road trip straight out of the gate!!!! For those of you who have been waiting.....He told me they are coming

·
Registered
231 Posts
I haven't heard from the Ford rep yet. Friday is my last day waiting, then I'm out. Ronn

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
i wouldnt be able to wait either lol. post up pics soon! :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Please please guys dont bail !!! I know I have'nt been waiting as long as most of you but I too was getting tired of waiting.My car was ordered 4/17 and I was just about to cancell and pick up a 2010 GT at my dealer.

It looks like things are starting to move along now so I'm waiting on it for sure now.Hang in there gang and soon we will have our cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think I'll be at the point of canceling if I don't get more info on my order by the beginning of next week. I ordered on 3/24, had the car built on 4/12, and an ETA of 4/20 that hasn't ever changed. Meanwhile, there's a Kona Blue / white OTT stripe at a dealership 40 miles away from me, with the 3.73 axle and 19" wheels. No Brembos, but I feel like the tires/wheels are the more important part of that package anyway.

So at this point I don't think I'm waiting for any good reason.

·
Registered
893 Posts
It's tough seeing 2011's showing up at dealers before your ordered cars,especially when It's more than a couple.My dealer only has 3 V6's all automatics and 1 shelby for 55K but not a single 2011 GT

I have a feeling my car will come in with the first GT's even though it was a retail order.I'm deciding on what mods I want to do first. I hope by the time my car arrives there are more exhaust options.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just got back from a test drive of a 2011 GT with 3.73. Very quick. Not very loud though. First mod for sure. The shifts are very close togather and will take a little getting used to. All-in-all, sweet! Dealer called me to take a test drive while I wait for mine. Ordered 4/19...............Been sitting at 51 for since 5/25.............Newest guess is 6/30.

·
Registered
330 Posts
AutoAlliance International

(734) 782-7800 ask for Ralph. I'm dead serious. He's the only one I believe at this point. Ronn, Wintermute, I'm not kidding. tell him this guy outta Kansas told you to call!!!!! He's gotten me my information and he's an engineer. He's even asked me to call back after we've driven them, so he loves them too! (he Better IMO lol):kooky::rollgrin:

Remind him that I've ordered two cars and that he remembered both of my vins and not his Anniversery, which is today or tomorrow! Tell him this......

You will not be sorry that you called, I promise.

·
Registered
130 Posts
AutoAlliance International

(734) 782-7800 ask for Ralph. I'm dead serious. He's the only one I believe at this point. Ronn, Wintermute, I'm not kidding. tell him this guy outta Kansas told you to call!!!!! He's gotten me my information and he's an engineer. He's even asked me to call back after we've driven them, so he loves them too! (he Better IMO lol):kooky::rollgrin:

Remind him that I've ordered two cars and that he remembered both of my vins and not his Anniversery, which is today or tomorrow!

You will not be sorry that you called, I promise.
Are you sure he won't hate you giving away his number for everyone to bug him?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't think its a good idea to call a guy that is an engineer. Congrats on the shelby that's a helluva upgrade that I can't afford. I will give it to july before I too, throw in the towel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's a 2011 Shelby.
What really killed the GT for me was not knowing anything, and , potentially, not having use of it for the limited summer we have where i live.
The Shelby was way more than i wanted to spend, but, it was there......
I really hope you guys get the cars soon.
I just know it's going to be a kick-ass car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's a 2011 Shelby.
What really killed the GT for me was not knowing anything, and , potentially, not having use of it for the limited summer we have where i live.
The Shelby was way more than i wanted to spend, but, it was there......
I really hope you guys get the cars soon.
I just know it's going to be a kick-ass car.
Don't want to know what you payed, but what was the sticker price on her? My Delaer got a 2011 GT500 in and sold it for $5000 over sticker.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Still holding my breath my Ralph, my engineer contact at IAA, AKA The Mustang Plant, told me my car will be on the rail come Friday, and that it will take ten days to get the cars down to KC. I'm going to have my cars in time for the 4th of July, once the stripes and tinting are put on......Road trip straight out of the gate!!!! For those of you who have been waiting.....He told me they are coming[/quote

Maybe mine will be on same train:worship ordered mine 4-26.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.