21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
congrats on the shelby

·
Registered
277 Posts
:laugh: the phone probably went to ringing so often that it vibrated off the desk/wall and exploded!:bigthumbsup
congrats on the Shelby.....hate that you had to settle lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
After trying to call it again myself I'm gettig an all circuits are busy ring now. If everyone is calling this could have been caused by everyone calling in. And if it is I'm sorry you guys are not getting through, but maybe this will send a message to Ford that we need some answers. I am publicly apologizing to Ralph right now and hope that I can be forgiven. I just hope that everyone will get their cars soon.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks Fox_granit! I dont want to get anyone fired, or in trouble. I called the Ford rep after my dealer ask me to call him with a follow up of an email, they sent him on Monday. I laid it on the line, and said im out if you cant come with something. He said he would call me back, i will see what he has to say. I also spoke up for the guys who have waited even longer then i have. These are the guys who should be getting their cars, ASAP! I also call Ford HQ last week, and passed all the same info to them. So i will see, or we will see! Ronn

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Don't want to know what you payed, but what was the sticker price on her? My Delaer got a 2011 GT500 in and sold it for $5000 over sticker.
Dont have it in front of me at the moment, but it was $ 52,900 in round numbers. I paid a grand under sticker.

·
Registered
325 Posts
What we are seeing come in now are rapid spec vehicles. I purchased mine off the transport and it was a Rapid Spec allocation. We have received three 2011 GTs so far. Mine, a carbon copy of mine except convertible and convertible CS/GT. Last I heard, we were trying to find someone to get new vehicles to us since there is some sort of transportation strike here in Atlanta.
Anyway, the vehicles are starting to come into the distribution centers.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Patience!

Remember the same things when the 2005 gt's were rare... exactly the same situation then.

Hold your horses, the cars will arrive.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Many people have been VERY patient. The issue isn't the wait. The issue is INFORMATION while waiting. Currently the message is, "Your car is undergoing final inspection." And, "All cars will be shipped in late July."

Considering some peoples orders have been pending delivery since early April build dates, this is just entirely unacceptable. It takes 1-2 days to build a car and a few to ship it. Why does it take 30, 60, or more to do a "final inspection?"

Patience isn't what's needed here. Information is.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Many people have been VERY patient. The issue isn't the wait. The issue is INFORMATION while waiting. Currently the message is, "Your car is undergoing final inspection." And, "All cars will be shipped in late July."

Considering some peoples orders have been pending delivery since early April build dates, this is just entirely unacceptable. It takes 1-2 days to build a car and a few to ship it. Why does it take 30, 60, or more to do a "final inspection?"

Patience isn't what's needed here. Information is.
Mostly what I'm seeing is people acting like crack addicts that can't find a fix.

All I'm saying is that we've all seen this before, and folks just need to take a deep breath, the cars will make it out to the dealerships. No reason to panic and stress out about it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Call me a crack addict but I ordered on 3/20 with a reasonable expectation to have my car before any old Joe could run down to their local dealer and pick one up. Absolute BS. Until last Friday I still had a 5/6 ETA.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Call me a crack addict but I ordered on 3/20 with a reasonable expectation to have my car before any old Joe could run down to their local dealer and pick one up. Absolute BS. Until last Friday I still had a 5/6 ETA.

100% agree.....I ordered Feb 6th to be one of the first on the road. The killer is my car has been just sitting outside since the first part of April. No answers from CS other than it's on hold sorry. Had dealer look yesterday and the ETA still 04/17..... I guess it's looking more like 2011.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.