Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i just found a mustang place that is so close to my house the guys been there for 3 months now i ran into him on road and i followed him to his shop he owns, Modular Madness ( modularmadness.com ) anyhow his car is bad ass 575 or osmething like that to wheels. Anyhow..... my question is he has a dyno there and i am going to get my car tuned... but i wanna get my throttle body and plenum combo...
anyone ever heard of this brand.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-04-Mustang-GT-4-6-Intake-Plenum-70mm-Throttle-Body_W0QQitemZ8016375132QQcategoryZ36474QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any advice too i heard 75mm might be too much on a N/A so i was thinking 70mm.
anyhow let me know
thanks

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
yes, i've seen that plenum... it's design is based off the trickflow plenum... It's basically a trickflow intake, without the badging for less money.

On a bolt on N/A car, there is no HP to be gained with a 75mm over a 70mm... whatever TB you choose, make sure you get a good quality (accufab or the like)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I wouldnt get anything larger than a 70mm on NA car.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think I saw an article (I forget which mag, I'll have to look) on that plenum. I don't remember any numbers for power but I do remember the throttle response was pretty good over the stock one. thought about looking into one myself.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I think im goin to wait a lil bit and buy the accufab or the BBK plenum/TB... If there really is a quality differance, i'd rather shell out the extra 50 bucks or so...

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
xxkazp3rxx said:
I think im goin to wait a lil bit and buy the accufab or the BBK plenum/TB... If there really is a quality differance, i'd rather shell out the extra 50 bucks or so...
Definitley buy the Accufab. There is a big quality difference between Accufab and BBK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.