Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetz.

I'm seen a lot of talk about CAI kits, and I've decided on the one to get. I was wondering if anyone has added a better Throttle body to the mix as well...

If so, was the gain noticeable? Or is it not worth it?

Thx.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Seems there is not much power in the TB... The OM one can handle allot of air!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kj_cinci said:
Seems there is not much power in the TB... The OM one can handle allot of air!
Thx.

I thought so too, but that Oct. issue of MMFF that talked about the BBK CAI kit also mentioned a TB install for more horses.

Maybe I'll just use the money I saved up for UD pulleys...

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Yea, those articles are very bias, look whos products they test, and then who's advertising in their magazine, not for cheap I might add...

But I know by a fact they don't fudge any numbers, all is very controlled and honest... but! How they then write the gains down is nifty, they may say there was a max gain of 12 RWHP! Awesome we think... but then if you look it might be at the mid register or where ever, seldom is it added to the peak power, that we normally talk about and desire! If I spend time and money on a mod I want higher dyno numbers at the top, not in the middle! If you're an hardcore racer using your full register and it's down to the 1000's of seconds... that's another thing, and you may want/need a TB, or what not...

Sorry loooong... had to get it of my chest though... :winks

The pulleys are pretty good... I'm sure the TB too is good in the right combo (manifold, injectors, fuel pump/Boost-A-Pump, blower, etc, right now you don't need more air in...)

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts