Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked out the maintenance section of the website and was only able to find an article on cleaning the TB on a 5.0L engine.

Is there an article on this website on how to clean the TB of a '00 Mustang GT (4.6L 2V)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank guys and gals. :worship

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
It can't be too hard though I haven't done it yet. Just remove the throttle body and spray it with some cleaner, I'm sure you could use an old toothbrush to really scrub in there with no ill effects to the part.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
My stock tb said not to clean it.... may be different on your newer stang but I know mine had a protective coating on it. If cleaned it said it would screw it up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its ok to clean it, just depending on what stuff you buy. Whatever you buy make sure its ok to use on teflon surfaces. Make sure when you do it that your car is warm. Then you just take off the intake tube and spray the throttle body.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can clean it as long as you use teflon-safe carb cleaner. I just cleaned mine about 3 days ago after the 100k mile mark and there is an actual difference in the throttle response.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brand of cleaner used?

MAXX RS4 said:
You can clean it as long as you use teflon-safe carb cleaner. I just cleaned mine about 3 days ago after the 100k mile mark and there is an actual difference in the throttle response.

Maxx,

What is the brand of cleaner did you buy?

I also just hit the 100K mile a week ago and tuned up the car (new plugs, and fuel filter) and when i stuck my finger inside the throttle body, it was a bit black and slimy. <<<greasy? not sure what term to use.

Thanks. :worship

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.