Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ... I am new to posting on this forum and I need alittle advice. I bought my daughter a 2005 GT last Nov with 14,000 miles on it. Seems to be a great car ... After purchase, I realized that it had a BBK throttle body on it... I assumed goodness ... Jump to present, she says that the car went into safe mode a couple of times and when I pulled the codes I got P2106 and P2135 ... There is a TSB for this that says throttle position sensor ... Since the car also came with the Premium ESP, I took it a local ford dealership, assume the sensor was covered by the ESP. The dealership calls later to say that the throttle body is "bad" and, since it is aftermarket, it is obviously not covered by the ESP. I have sent the seller an email asking if he still has the original TB. No response yet. I have seen mixed opinions about the BBK TB on this site. My question is, if I replace the throttle nody, should I go back with a Ford Original, or, is there a good aftermarket ... I am not looking for haul a$$ performance... I just want good throttle response and reliability. Also, please offer any other suggestions that I should address while I looking into this... BTW, I am still running the original style air intake. I may consider CAI while I am at it. Thanks in advance .... Steven

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would go back to the OEM part as I have made this mistake myself and had issues with the car going into "safe mode". Since I went back to the original throttle body I have not had any issues.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you like I also have a 2005 GT and I am having a supercharger installed next week and don't have a need for my current tuner and CAI, if you are interested PM me and maybe we can work something out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.